Job Title: MONITORING & EVALUATION COORDINATOR ( HIVST STAR)
Reporting to: MONITORING & EVALUATION MANAGER
Location: DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
In partnership with the MOH, PSI will implement the HIV Self-Testing Africa (STAR) Initiative, funded by UNITAID in Tanzania.
PSI is looking for M&E Coordinator with ability to provide technical support for all related HIV self-testing activities, from design, implementation, data management, analysis and dissemination, among others; as well as monitoring the progress of activities and assessing the quality of the data collected and effectively ensure use of programmatic data for ongoing analysis of the solutions tested in the project and disseminate data appropriately and support evidence-based decision-making.
Under the close supervision of M & E Manager, the M&E Coordinator will be responsible with the following;
- Support the development of M&E plan and appropriate monitoring tools (informed by STAR) to assess the distribution models selected.
- Develop follow up protocol for collecting outcomes data
- Assess different distribution models for their integration with existing health delivery system based on program data.
- Ensures data collection forms and other tools are available at each distribution channel.
- Develop STARTz D2A framework to enhance data use within STARTZ team.
- Incorporate M&E tools into TOT training for dissemination to the end-users
- Organizes and undertake training with stakeholders, including sub partners and government regional and district HIMS on M&E skills, DHIS2
- Conducts regular field monitoring visits to the identified distribution channel/or the data points
- Share results from assessments and evaluations through TWGs at country level to influence policy and guideline adoption.
- Develops Data Quality Assessment Plans.
- Conducts regular data quality assessments as planned in the DQA plan.
- Ensures timely delivery of feedback to field staff and partners.
- Monitor the implementation of data quality recommended actions.
- Prepares consolidated progress reports (monthly and quarterly) for project management to submit to the relevant bodies, in accordance with approved reporting formats and timing.
- Support the PSI M&E and programs team in other activities.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Biostatistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, or any other relevant field.
- At least 3 years of experience with M&E systems strengthening, program/project design, program and health-related data management and monitoring in international organizational settings.
- Demonstrated experience in reporting tools, data analysis, donor reporting, and facilitation of the use of data for decisionmaking
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with SPSS and/or STATA, Excel, and spreadsheets.
- Familiarity with reporting systems such as Demographic Health Information System (DHIS2)
- Demonstrated experience in developing M&E work plans and budgets for M&E activities.
- Experience working with HIV Programs is an added advantage.
- Working proficiency in English References will be required.
How to apply:
Application for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
- Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day -time mobile phone number (s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.
The application will be considered valid, if sent/received before 1700hrs, Monday, 5 th October 2020. Please note that only shortlisted candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Send your application to [email protected] in MS Word or PDF file. Indicate the name of position on the subject line of your email.