Anticipated USAID Tanzania Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Next Generation NOFO Number 72062121 RFA 00003
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under non- governmental organization Act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Health (MoH) Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care and social services to Tanzanians.
THPS is seeking interested and competent individuals to apply for the following key positions as part of its application to the anticipated USAID OVC NOFO: Tanzania Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Next Generation NOFO Number 72062121RFA00003.
- Support the MEL needs of the project and ensure that robust M&E systems are in place to routinely collect, analyze and report on relevant project data
- Work closely with THPS Strategic Information Director to ensure that the MEL systems are in line with relevant National Policies and guidelines and according to donor reporting requirements
- Lead and participate in quality assurance and improvement exercises, including standard, target settings and regular performance measurements according to those standards e.g. Data Quality Assurance (DQA)
- Ensure timely update on the MEL plan and performance monitoring plan (PMP) as per changes in donor and government requirements
- Ensure implementation of monitoring activities as per needs including on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual
- Responsible for Activity progress reporting
- Leads the analysis of project performance on monthly and quarterly basis and recommend appropriate actions in collaboration with the Activity teams
- Strengthen and initiate collaborative partnerships with government, donor and other stakeholders in order to ensure harmonized and functional M&E systems Provide technical leadership to the MEL team for accurate documentation, results packaging and dissemination
- Maintain a cohesive and motivated MEL team
- Compile and submit all project reports and work with THPS SI Director to review prior to submission to USAID, and MOHCDGEC
- Work with project technical teams to document OVC Next generation activity results, best practices and lessons learned including packaging for dissemination at national and international forums after USAID approval
- Work closely with the COP and SI Director on the MEL agenda in order to meet the goals of the OVC Next generation activity
- Lead annual performance review, goal settings and assist with professional development of
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, and Statistics, Demography or its equivalent with a degree in a health or social sciences related
- Training in Monitoring & Evaluation of projects is desired
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in health-sector programs in Africa specifically in OVC Next generation, HIV&AIDS and TB programming
- Familiarity with NACP/PEPFAR Monitoring, evaluation and reporting tools is desirable
- Experience in working with USAID-supported programs and knowledge of US Government and
- Experience in developing methodologies and appropriate tools to capture, disaggregate and analyze data and report on activities, outputs and outcomes
- Experience with implementing PEPFAR OVC Next-generation supported programs and in tracking monitoring, evaluation and reporting (MER) indicators as well as with semi-annual and annual PEPFAR progress reports (SAPR and APR)
- Excellent written and oral communication in Kiswahili and English including writing progress reports, case studies, presentations,
- Ability to work as part of a team and to motivate and manage others for maximum productivity
How to apply :
Interested applicants should send an email to [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one-page maximum and CV four pages maximum by July 14 th, 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: ‘ Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL)Manager’’. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 July 2021.