Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
Deadline of this Job:
29 July 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The dynamic country team in Tanzania is therefore looking for a skilled and competent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer to complement the country program team with expertise in data collection, analysis and management, digital tools, capacity building and learning.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• To design and support the implementation of SolidarMed project monitoring schemes by putting in place creative and easy-to-use tools that help staff to improve the project steering.
• To provide technical expertise in MEL approaches to the SolidarMed country program, including training and coaching project staff in areas of monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
• Contribute to annual reporting: analysis and presentation of data, as part of the annual reporting deadlines and supporting project staff in graphical presentation of data for reports and proposals.
• To lead the project team in gathering, documenting, archiving, packaging, and sharing critical information, best practices and learning from the SolidarMed program and beyond.
• To establish and maintain tools, systems and database for information and learning for the country programme in Tanzania.
• To contribute to the writing of program/project fact/information sheets/profiles, including the project summaries/approaches to our projects with a focus on the presentation of data and results.
• Train staff on information, learning and knowledge management, including but not limited to the use of shared folders and one drive.
• Degree in relevant field such as Epidemiology, Public Health, Statistics, Social sciences, information technology or equivalent.
• Knowledge and experience in the design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and learning systems.
• Applied Computer skills – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet and statistical packages. Proficiency in digital communication and graphics will be an added advantage.
• Strong working knowledge of English and Kiswahili (spoken and written).
• Excellent social and networking skills, Team-player with good interpersonal skills. Self-motivated, energetic, and hard-working.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application to [email protected] citing reference Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer and include; –
Your CV maximum three pages with three referees.
A maximum one pager covering letter outlining your motivation.