Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Jobs at:Aga Khan Health Service
Deadline of this Job:
11 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) – an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a Not-for-Profit International Organization that supports social development programs in Tanzania. AKHST has completed a major expansion to position the institution to become a leading and integrated tertiary and teaching health care system in Tanzania.
As part of its health system strengthening initiatives in working with and supporting Government Health Programmes, AKHST. AKFT and AFD are partnering on a new innovative public-private collaboration called Tanzania Comprehensive Cancer Project (TCCP) that aims at strengthening and expanding the quality, access and capacity of cancer care services in the country. The project collaborators include Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC), Ocean Road Cancer Institute (ORCI), Bugando Medical Centre (BMC), Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH) and President’s Office – Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG) with technical support from Institute Curie.
TCCP is be implemented in Two target Regions (Dar es Salaam and Mwanza). The project’s 4 major components include a) Improve and expand existing Oncology infrastructure to provide more comprehensive Oncology care through health systems strengthening, b) Build the capacity of staff in participating institutions to provide high quality cancer care by trained specialists, and train and retain local professionals through accredited programs; c) Strengthen community cancer care practices by delivering affordable, comprehensive health care services for preventive services including primary prevention, screening, and early detection and d) Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders and participating institutions on joint research agenda and initiatives.
AKHST is seeking for enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following position to be part of this exciting TCCP project:
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will provide technical leadership in M&E systems design and implementation, and be responsible for the overall management of the project M&E activities. She/he will lead and provide technical inputs to improve and facilitate the delivery of sound technical assistance and implement appropriate guidelines to support the monitoring of MNCH indicator critical for the project performance.
• Coordinates with project office and AKF in undertaking baseline survey, midterm reviews, and final evaluations of projects.
• Develop and implement an overall project monitoring and evaluation strategy and frameworks that will ensure timely information and feedback to project stakeholders.
• Develop systems, forums, protocols, and policies that facilitate communications between the project team and other stakeholders.
• Support formal trainings, the M&E officer will work closely with the Clinical Coordinator to provide on-the-job capacity building, supportive supervision, mentoring and coaching for project staff and beneficiaries.
• Ensure quality and timely narrative project reports for all stakeholders, as per reporting time frames
• Lead the documentation of relevant MNCH M&E related deliverables and coordinate the documentation of core project processes and achievements.
• Undertake qualitative studies to analyze and track the achievement of planned and unplanned project results in relation to inputs and activities and based on agreed indicators (for planned results).
• Develop the ability of key decision makers to communicate and manage information effectively and to access data and information system, policies,
• Any other duties assigned by Project Manager.
Professional Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in Epidemiology, Demography, Statistics, or Social Sciences.
• Minimum Three (3) years’ experience in of project management 2 of which are in an organizational and programmatic management preferably in Tanzania.
• Strong knowledge of data collection and communication technologies that may be applied towards public health and development goals.
• Robust knowledge of health systems, program design and evaluation, and preferably experience working with rural health facilities.
• Thorough knowledge of the development and maintenance of M&E systems, including indicator development, data collection and analysis, data validation, data audits, and performance reporting.
• Demonstrated understanding of and familiarity with a range of applied research and monitoring and evaluation approaches including health information and data management systems, and quality assurance.
• Strong skills in MS Excel Word, PowerPoint and Access, and at least one data management software program (e.g. SAS. SPSS). Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili required.
• Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, the incumbent should be willing to travel in project catchment areas.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION, (COVER LETTER, CV AND ACADEMIC CERTIFICATES) TO: [email protected] WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON 11TH AUGUST, 2021.