LOCATION: This position is based in Njombe Region
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full time
IMA World Health in collaboration with Partnership for Nutrition in Tanzania (PANITA) and LixiL are implementing a UNICEF funded Improved Maternal and Child Nutrition Outcomes project in Njombe region. Specifically, the project is aimed at improving maternal nutrition, young child feeding and other care practices at community level.
- Design key data collection tools based on the project needs.
- Monitor the project activities on a regular basis
- Collect & analyze different data in relation to the project indicators and activities.
- Build region and districts capacities to effectively collect, analyze and use data for program improvement.
- Along with the project manager, participate in routine quality assessments in the involved LGAs
- Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work;
- Help IMA program staff and government counterparts to use performance data to improve programs.
- Assisting the Project Manager in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress
- Prepare reports as needed to support internal decision making, communication with stakeholders and partners,
- Provide technical support to government technical staff in areas of data management, analysis and use
- Work closely with government staff to monitor closely performance indicators in the Government information systems including IMES, HMIS and DHIS2 to ensure contribution of project efforts.
- In collaboration with other program staff and government counterparts provide data for documentation of project’s success stories.
Skills, qualifications, and experience
- Masters or bachelor’s degree level in M&E or equivalent in social sciences and or social research.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Extensive experience of monitoring, evaluation and/or research using participatory practices and quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Experience in developing and implementing M&E systems and frameworks in an NGO environment.
- Strong computer skills and data management.
- Skilled in handling data and the ability to analyze and synthesize data and evidence from different sources.
- Experience of reporting to donors in the development sector
- Ability to build capacity of others, facilitation, coaching and training skills.
- Experience in data analysis and information sharing (feedbacks to communities).
- Proven ability to manage, develop and motivate others within a team
- Fluency in spoken and written in Swahili and English
- Self-motivated, ability to use own initiative, flexibility
- Work experience with INGOs and/or UN agencies
- Experience in using DHIS2 Web-based platform.
- Experience in health/Nutrition related indicators
- Experience of using online communications methods (e.g., social media) for work purposes).
How to apply
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected] by no later than 30th September 2021 . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.