Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018, Simiyu Region since 2020. From October 2021 this project will extend its operations to Mara Region covering facility based and community-based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works - in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Work Station: Community (1) Zanzibar, Facility Based (1) Bariadi
Reports to: Regional Project Manager
Job summary :
The M&E Officer will assist the project Strategic Information portfolio in HIV care and treatment for Community (Zanzibar) and Facility Services (Simiyu) in strengthening district and Simiyu region HIV M&E Systems by ensuring that all activities meet the highest standards through provision of strategic information which will inform the right direction of the program. S/he will support HIV Services teams focused on routine implementation of M&E strategies including data collection, assessing quality assurance and associated frameworks.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support a team supporting timely, accurate and appropriate reporting project activities and results to the program management team
- Collaborate with the project team to design and implement M&E systems to collect, manage and disseminate data by reporting progress towards the program objectives
- Ensure that routinely collected data summaries are available in a timely fashion and a user-friendly format for regular use in program monitoring
- Ensure that Amref best supports districts and regional efforts to review and improve community HIV program performance through the use of quality routinely collected data
- Work with the Strategic Information team to ensure electronic systems and other tools are in place to manage and disseminate program data from client to national level.
- Ensure timely and complete data entry from paper-based sources to electronic sources
- Review completed paper-based tools and compare electronic data entries with source documents on a regular basis to verify accuracy of data and make corrections as needed
- Track referral forms and conduct verification with registers and databases at facilities to verify completed referrals and linkage outcomes
- Support generation of queries and ensure data cleaning activities are conducted systematically
- Work with the ICT department to fix any errors and problems observed in the databases and report any systems malfunction to central team as needed
- Participate in training new outreach workers and data clerks on data collection tools, including referrals, reporting and database
- Conduct regular data quality assessments and joint supportive supervision with CHMT team to ensure the highest degree of program data quality
- Develop all weekly, monthly, quarterly, and other reports on all indicators for submission and review to central team
- Support Data Officers to maintain security of data tools at all times, including protecting the confidentiality of records and data
- Involved in data reporting quarterly, semi-annually (SAPR) and annually (APR) and any other reports as necessary by GoT and Donor.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Diploma in social sciences, health informatics or statistics; Degree in the mentioned areas will be an added advantage to the candidates.
- At least 1 year of “hands on experience” as M&E officer position in HIV prevention, care and treatment. Experience in working with HIV Community interventions will be an added advantage
- Basic data analysis, graphical data presentation, dissemination and report writing skills
- Experience working in data management systems including data collection, data quality assessments and simple analyses
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.
- Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage.
- Excellent speaking, reading, and writing skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Excellent computer skills at minimum with Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel, Power point, and Access
How to Apply:-
If you meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS on August 07, 2021 . The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying for as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved.
All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected]
- Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy
- “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in the workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, SMS, text emails, and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above
- Amref Health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.