Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Direct Reports: Midwife Supervisor, Midwife Activities Manager.
Position status: Full-time, 6-month contract with possibility to extend
Position open: Pool
Location: Nduta Camp in Kibondo District
Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after delivery, according to MSF obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal hygienic and new-born caring standards and under supervision of a specialist doctor, in order to ensure their health conditions and avoid post-delivery complications.
Registration and Licensing : Must have Valid TNMC Registration
Minimum Educational Qualification : Required – Degree Diploma in midwifery. Desired Bachelor in Midwifery.
Experience : Essential working experience of at least two years in midwife activities related jobs
Languages : English (fluent, oral & written). French, Swahili and Kirundi are an asset.
Competences : Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
- Ensure the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (BEmONC 1 and CEmONC 2), and neonatal and comprehensive abortion care, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and Fistula care in accordance with MSF Reproductive Core Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardised protocols.
- Where PMTCT is implemented, ensure implementation of the PMTCT protocol in the ANC/delivery and PNC consultations (pre counselling, test and post counselling
- Collaborate with the medical doctor and /or nurse in the management of Sexual Violence cases
- Assess the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to MSF specifications.
- Guarantee a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders.
- Properly follow up all new born babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
- Ensure patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
- Supervise that administrative procedures of admissions and hospitalizations comply with MSF protocols , as well as verify patients are properly informed and receive the documents required (birth certificate, vaccination card, etc…
- Participate in the organisation of the ward in collaboration with other midwifes and the maternity ward supervisor. Ensure transfer of relevant information to the next shift team (specially identifying risk cases)
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter, detailed CV and supporting documents (copies of diplomas) To: Administrator, MSF Tanzania, Nduta in the CV Box by 4 .00pm on 9 th of April 2022 or via [email protected], Please indicate on the Envelope/Subject Line the position title: Midwife, Nduta Project
O nly applications in English will be considered.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for test and interview.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)