MEL Manager, ACHIEVE
Deadline of this Job:
06 November 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, October 30, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pact seeks a MEL Manager for the ACHIEVE Tanzania program in Dodoma or Dar es Salaam. ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
ACHIEVE has been funded by USAID in Tanzania to implement a four-year activity which aims (1) to improve national- and community-level social welfare systems in order to sustain support for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and families affected by HIV; (2) to deliver high-quality services to OVC in assigned regions; and (3) to strengthen the capacity of local organizations to deliver OVC services. ACHIEVE will begin activities in Tanzania in October 2020.
The MEL Manager provides strategic guidance, vision, and management for successful monitoring and evaluation of the program. This individual supervises MEL staff and ensures the strategic and functional integration of all MEL activities as well as active collaboration with other implementing partners and USAID. The MEL Director oversees all MEL activities, provides technical direction and support, and ensures the accurate reporting of results for program activities. The MEL Manager is responsible for overall MEL capacity development of local partners, ensuring prime OVC partners have the skills and resources to conduct the MEL functions necessary of their awards. .
• Oversee the development and implementation of the project’s MEL framework and systems for collecting, tracking, analyzing, and reporting the progress of the project activities against targets and expected outcomes.
• Supervise the team of MEL staff.
• Ensure that USAID and PEPFAR reporting requirements are met, including regular reporting into PEPFAR’s DATIM system, and semi-annual narrative reports to USAID.
• Lead M&E capacity development of local sub-partners, including ensuring the M&E provides continuous, high quality technical assistance, training, mentoring and coaching to support sub-partners in: setting up and implementing M&E systems, M&E for OVC programming, data quality management, basic data analysis, reporting, and using data for decision-making.
• Oversee DHIS2-based data management system for internal M&E and supporting local partners’ reporting processes.
• Ensure quality of data reported to USAID/PEPFAR, including leading internal RDQAs and data verification and cleaning process, as well as participate in any external DQAs and coordinate closely with USAID on assessments.
• Ensure harmonization with standard reporting systems and tools.
• Develop or adapt existing data collection, collation and aggregation tools, and maintain project databases.
• Coordinate the design and implementation of learning studies.
• Liaise with counterparts at international, government, and other agencies involved in related activities and collaborate in promoting high quality results and complementary efforts.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Master’s degree in any of the following or related fields: social science, international development, public health, evaluation, statistics, or economics
• At least 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in designing, managing, and implementing results based MEL activities
• At least 5 years of supervisory experience
• Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analyzing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data, and packaging the findings
• Excellent organizational as well as English oral and written communication skills
• Progressively responsible experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects and program beneficiaries, preferably for USAID funded programs, with experience in OVC/MVC, capacity development, and preferably health/social welfare systems strengthening.
• Experience in utilizing gender and social inclusion sensitive indicators and measures.
• Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, including USAID and PEPFAR, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring, evaluation and learning
• Up-to-date knowledge of PEPFAR MER guidance and DATIM
• Experience designing and overseeing data management systems, including longitudinal client tracking; experience with DHIS2 strongly preferred
• Proven skills in building M&E capacity of sub-partners
• Ability to work well on team and with various partner organizations
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., and the ability to use various commercially available statistical software programs.
• Experience with mobile data collection software.
• Experience in utilizing health, gender and social inclusion sensitive indicators and analysis.
• Tanzanian work experience preferred. Tanzania National preferred.
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/jobs/1501/job