Medical Specialist II
Jobs at:Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre
Deadline of this Job:
09 December 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, November 27, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
PRESIDENT’S OFFICE PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/K/321 26th November, 2020
On behalf of the Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology (COSTECH) and The Small Industries Development Organization (SIDO), Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre (KCMC) and National College of Tourism (NCT), Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill (14) vacant posts mentioned below;- .
KILIMANJARO CHRISTIAN MEDICAL CENTRE (KCMC)
Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre is located in the foothills of the snowcapped, Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. It was opened in March 1971 by the Good Samaritan Foundation, who planned and raised large funds to build and equip it. KCMC is a referral hospital for over million people in Northern Tanzania. The hospital is a huge complex with over 600 beds, with hundreds of outpatients and visitors coming to the Centre every day. Over 1000 staff are employed at the Centre. As a Christian institution, KCMC is committed to proclaim Christ through healing, teaching and research. It strives to combine professional excellence with a spirit of compassion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
: • To attend in and out-patients;
• To assist in teaching and supervising medical students, interns and junior staff;
• To attend emergency medical duties;
• To carry out medical care to in and out-patients;
• To ensure that prescribed instructions are carried out;
• To conduct specialized procedure and surgeries as relevant to speciality;
• To carry out and leading ward rounds;
• To participate fully in clinical sessions, presentations journal clubs and clinical Conferences;
• To participate in research activities; and
• To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by his/her Superior;
REMUNERATION: Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Government salary scale TGHS G
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
A holder of Doctor of Medicine and Master’s Degree (M. Med) or its equivalent from any recognized University in either of the following specialty Psychiatry, Pathology, Radiology, Anaesthesia, ENT, Paediatrics, Internal Medicine or any other specialty. Must be registered with the Tanganyika Medical Council.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service;
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
• Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
• Birth certificate.
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
• Form IV and form VI results slips;
• Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
• Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
• Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for • Universities (TCU);
• Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, 8 Kivukoni Road, • P.O. Box 63100, 11102 Dar es Salaam.
• Deadline for application is 9th December, 2020
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT