Jobs at:Management and Development for Health (MDH)
Deadline of this Job:
01 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH in collaboration with Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Kigamboni and Ubungo Municipal Councils invites suitable candidates to apply for the following posts below under the Council Directors.
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies below.... .
JOB TITLE: Medical Officers (01)
Reports to: Health Facility I/C
Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing clinical care to HIV patients in the Clinic including:
• Management of Opportunistic Infections
• Staging of HIV patients for Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) eligibility
• Initiating patients on ART
• Managing complications of ART
• Initiation and monitoring of Post-Exposure Prophylaxis
• Providing consultation to HIV-positive patients on the wards as requested
• Maintaining accurate medical records and other data collection as required for Monitoring and evaluation within the Clinic
• Participating in Clinic Team Meetings and assisting the site manager with strategic planning for the Clinic
• Doing any other duty as assigned by the site manager.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualification and Experience:
• Holder of Diploma, OR Bachelor Degree in Clinical Medicine from a recognized institution; should have been registered with Tanganyika Medical Board and he/she should have an experience of at least 3 years in the field of expertise.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of two referees.
Applications should be submitted by Monday 1st February, 2021 to the SHRO, Dar es Salaam Sub-grantee through e-mail [email protected] or drop by hand at MDH HQ, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; Mikocheni area (B) 802 Mwai Kibaki road near New Regency Park Hotel.
Please note: 1. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No Applicant is supposed to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment process.