Jobs at:Medical Teams International
Deadline of this Job:
04 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Mwanza , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Responsible for performing consultations in OPD and IPD units in line with MoH protocol and clinical guidelines to diagnose, treat and manage patients. Performs surgery within competency and controls the rational distribution of medicine to improve patients` health conditions. .
• Perform OPD/IPD ward rounds to assess patient condition, diagnose and prescribe treatment and/or refer complicated cases in line with clinical guidelines and hygiene protocols.
• Determine when IPD patients should be discharged or transferred, ensuring referrals are managed efficiently to minimize complications.
• Control the rational distribution of medicine and equipment; ensure sterilization and good maintenance of medical equipment.
• Keep the patient and family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow; verify understanding to ensure informed consent and adherence to treatment.
• Ensure data traceability by recording all medical activities on patient’s card and in registration books such that patient treatment is continuous.
• Assist with and perform surgical interventions and clinical procedures within competency.
• Attend to emergency cases in the health facility.
• Participate in the recruitment of medical staff.
• Ensure general hygiene standards and universal precautions are followed at all times and implement and monitor actions to reduce bio-hazard risks and improve infection control.
• Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
• Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the Medical Coordinator about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, including medical error.
• Ensure that medical practices are conducted with the highest level of integrity and ethics according to professional and MTI Codes of Conduct.
• Ensure direct reports have clear objectives, receive mentorship and participate in capacity building opportunities.
• Conduct performance evaluations and enforce disciplinary process as per MTI policy.
• Ensure data collected is accurate and submit reports according to schedule.
• Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Skills: Not Specified
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
• Doctor of Medicine (MD)
• Must have completed one-year internship.
• Registered with Tanganyika Medical
• Valid practising license is required.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
• 3 years of work experience in a hospital practice relating to primary health care, maternal and child health, reproductive health, HIV/AIDS and communicable diseases is required.
• Experience working with international NGOs is an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: [email protected]
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line ”Referral Focal Person Mwanza”.
Application Deadline: 04th of February 2021 at 1700HRS.