Jobs at:The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR)
Deadline of this Job:
12 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. NIMR-Mwanza Research Centre (MMRC) is one of the NIMR Centers located in Mwanza. The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, non-communicable diseases (NCDs) as well as other diseases of public health importance. On behalf of the Director General of the National Institute for Medical Research, the Centre Director of NIMR Mwanza is looking for the qualified, experienced and well-motivated personnel to fill the following vacant positions in the Long-term health after Severe Acute Malnutrition in children and adults: the role of the Pancreas (SAMPA) study. SAMPA is a longitudinal study investigating the links between undernutrition and future diabetes risk and will be based in Mwanza city.
JOB POSITION: MEDICAL DOCTOR (1 POST)
REPORTING: will report to and work under Head of Clinical Research Department.
Candidate shall be responsible for implementing research including executing informed consenting processes, enrolment and monitoring of study participants. Will assist study investigators in preparing study data, literature reviews, analysis for meeting presentations and publications. He/she shall be responsible in conducting and disseminating scientifically and ethically sound health research that addresses the national health priorities to alleviate health problems for scientific advancement and human wellbeing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To do clinical examinations and administer data collection tools;
• To provide health care to participants requiring medical attention;
• To participate in developing sound and fundable research proposals to attract research funding;
• To ensure timely submission of study proposals to the relevant ethical and regulatory authorities for review and approval;
• To participate in conducting approved health researches (synthesis, data collection, analysis and report writing etc);
• To disseminate research findings in different formats including but not limited to publishing in peer reviewed journals, scientific conferences etc;
• To participate in engagement and collaboration with public and private sectors in the health researches for scientific advancement and improvement of human and social wellbeing;
• To participate in local and international scientific forums for exchange and sharing health research information and networking; and
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES:
• Qualified Medical Doctor from a recognized University;
• At least three years working experience in clinical research setting;
• Valid professional license from the Medical Council of Tanganyika (MCT);
• Able to work under pressure and multi-tasking settings with high level of integrity;
• Strong language skills fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili; including presentation skills;
• Ability to prepare report using MS Office software, for internal and stakeholders’ communication;
• Self-motivated, able to work independently under minimal supervision to complete tasks and respond to appropriate project authority requests and to collaborate with others;
• A team player with a strong organization, planning with ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet requirements and deadlines;
• The applicant should be a Tanzanian below 45 years
Up to one-year employment contract which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
The successful candidate will be based at NIMR-Mwanza, Mwanza City.
A competitive salary will be offered as per Government of Tanzania’s Salary Scale.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae. Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than two weeks after the first appearance (see the date above) of this advertisement to the address below. Applicants are also reminded to indicate all contact information necessary with which information can reach them easily.
The Centre Director,
NIMR, Mwanza Research Centre,
P.O. Box 1462,