Jobs at:Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Deadline of this Job:
29 April 2020
Within Tanzania , Kibondo , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Medical Doctor at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) .
• Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
• Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
• Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
• Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
• Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
• Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
• Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
• Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor of Medicine from an institution recognized by the relevant government body in TZ. MUST BE REGISTERED UNDER MEDICAL COUNCIL OF TANGANIYKA
Job Experience Requirements: 2 Years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested persons will be required to submit a CV, a motivation letter, copies of relevant professional certificates and a telephone number by 29th of April 2020 at 3.00 pm. Please quote the job title on the email subject (i.e. MEDICAL DOCTOR – Nduta Camp) and send to email address [email protected]
The applications can also be dropped at MSF offices situated at Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, Masaki, Dar es Salaam OR in Nduta Camp, Kibondo District.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview