- Provide a specialist Cardiology services as part of the cardiology network of AKHST and other partners such as Muhimbili National Hospital.
- Participate cardiology program development.
- Provide specialist cardiology services as part of the provision of acute medical services within the Medical
- Division, Acute Services and to contribute to the development of excellence in clinical practice through research, audit and participation in clinical quality program.
- Participate in clinical service and education program for the department and develop a system to track and report learning metrics of individual residents.
- Expand cardiology service offerings and capacity to improve access to diagnostics and treatment.
- Contribute to expanding the delivery of cardiology service and screening across the country thereby providing access and allowing patients with heart problems to be treated according to best practice international standard and practice clinical guidelines.
- Further contribute to the current networks (both within the AKHST and Tanzania) to best serve the interests of cardiology patients in the countryand in keeping with the strategic vision of the AKHST and its cardiology network.
- Achieved case mix and volumes targets Interventional Cardiology sub-speciality.
- Develop protocols for the establishment and monitoring of standards of care and reviewing effectiveness of practice in the light of available evidence and recommended guidelines.
- Design and implement a contingency plan to ensure that essential services are available during emergency situations or other conditions when laboratory services are limited or unavailable.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Medicine and/or Bachelor of Surgery.
- Master’s / Degree in Medical Cardiology / Board certified or fellows of their respective colleges in the field of Cardiology.
- At least five years experience post Master’s Degree.
- Full registration from Medical Council of Tanganyika.
- Valid Retention certificate from Medical Council of Tanganyika.
- Evidence of encouraging and supporting diversity among a Department’s constituents, creating an environment of professionalism, respect, tolerance, and acceptance.
- Demonstrated record of excellent clinical skills, a talent for teaching and interest in medical education.
- Demonstrated record of high quality medical research and leading collaborative research teams.
- Experience in evidence-based medicine, quality improvement, data-driven decision making and program evaluation.
- Super Specialty Training or Fellowship is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated leadership in planning and implementing change. Demonstrate excellence in facilitation, communication, team building and problem solving skills.
**BE SURE TO CLICK EDIT APPLICATION DETAILS BEFORE APPLY NOW**
We are seeking for enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following position: