PHSRF is a non-governmental organization that was founded on demand-driven reasons for saving lives of Tanzanians. Formed out of former Angaza Zaidi program, a countrywide HIV and AIDS prevention and sensitization program under USAID that was implemented since 2001, PHSRF has accumulated over 15 years of hands-on experience in implementing HIV and AIDS prevention, sensitization and awareness raising projects across the country. PHSRF is legally registered by the United
Republic of Tanzania under the Non-Governmental Organization Act, 2002 with Registration Number ooNGO/R2/000103 Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a global project funded by the United. State (US). President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) which is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. It is led by FHI 360 as prime and has a five-year period of performance from April 15, 2019 to April 14, 2024. EpiC provides strategic Technical Assistance (TA) and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and improve HIV case-finding, prevention and linkage to treatment among key and Priority Populations (PP). EpiC Tanzania will build the capacity of local, community-based organizations and work closely with the Government of Tanzania (GoT) at national and sub-national levels to deliver HIV and other services tailored to the needs of these groups. Under EpiC, Partners for Health Services and Research Foundation (PHSRF) will support activities for HIV prevention, care and treatment and other related services among KVP and PP in Kinondoni district, Dar-es Salaam region of Tanzania.
The objective for EpiC are:-
1: Attain and maintain HIV epidemic control among at-risk adult men, women and
2: Attain and maintain HIV epidemic control among KVPs (FSW and MSM)
3: Improve program management (including HIS and HRH) and financial systems to ensure attainment and maintenance of epidemic control.
Reports to: Project Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Type; 12 month with renewal based on performance and availability
Overall Job function:
To provide overall technical support in the planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities required for implementation of community interventions for HIV prevention, care and treatment and other related services among KVP and PP in Kinondoni district, Dar-es Salaam Region
- S/he will work closely with EpiC regional teams, Kinondoni Health Management Teams, Health care providers Civil Society Organizations and other key stakeholders to ensure high-quality program implementation. As the member of senior technical leadership,
- s/He will update PHSRF and FHI/EpiC on Project progress.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the overall coordination of Monitoring and Evaluation of KVP activities for Epic Project in Kinondoni
2. Provide leadership on timely reporting of daily ,weekly ,quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports
3. Provide technical support to refine KVP M&E materials and data management systems
4. Provide technical support in the process of data quality assurance, data cleaning and summarization
5. Conducts rigorous data analyse and work closely with project team, prepare all technical and program documents in high standard
6. Monitor Peer educator and health care provider implementation plans and progress to KVP targets on daily
7. Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, and management activities function smoothly and efficiently and in an integrated manner
8. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor Degree in epidemiology, bio-statistics, public health, international health, or a related discipline.
- A background in a medical-related field is an advantage
- Advance degree in epidemiology, bio-statistics, public health or related discipline will be an added advantage
- Working for 3+ years of experience in the design, implementation and management of health monitoring and evaluation systems. HIV/AIDS or KVP epidemiological experience
- Experience with primary collection of clinical data, design of forms and data collection instruments, and data analysis is an advantage
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Access and Excel and one or more of the following statistical analysis packages (SAS, SPSS, STATA)
- Excellent communications skills in English and Swahili
- Leadership skills, team building and good interpersonal skills
JOB APPLICATION PROCEDURE
The PHSRF provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals and if you are interested, you are encouraged to apply to
*[email protected]*com copy to [email removed] .
Interested and qualified applicants should send their cover letter and CV only via email: DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES
Closing Dates: On 22nd September 2020 at 17:00 hrs
For the financial year 2020-2021, PHSRF is seeking energetic and professional candidates to fill for the vacant positions as below