Maternal & Child Health Specialist,TA
Deadline of this Job:
19 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
For every child, Love
UNICEF is committed to support government's efforts in reducing maternal, newborn and child death. This commitment can be demonstrated in various national documents, which include Tanzania Vision 2025, the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (NSGRP), National Health Policy, and the Health Sector Strategic Plan IV. These commitments are also defined in the UNICEF Strategic Plan 2018-2021 and UNICEF Health Strategy (2016-2030). UNICEF will continue to provide technical support to government and nongovernment organizations at the national, subnational and community level in priority setting to reduce maternal and neonatal mortality through joint planning, development and implementation stages of safe motherhood, newborn and child health programmes within the framework of the harmonised Sector Wide Approach strategies. Additionally, UNICEF is expected to assist in the development and /or introduction of new approaches, methods and practices in service delivery, management, evaluation, information and reporting systems. .
How can you make a difference?
1. Data-driven and results-based management
• Participate in regular data-driven situational analyses (including epidemiological, gender equality and emergency assessments)
• Provide technical and operational guidance and support to government and non-government partners with health system strengthening to scale -up cost effective and high impact interventions;
• Champion results-based management;
• Monitor developments at regional and decentralized levels in collaboration with UNICEF Field Offices
Job Skills: Not Specified
To qualify as an advocate for every child you are required to have the following¦
• An advanced university degree (Master's or higher) in Medicine or Public Health.
• A minimum of Eight years of relevant professional experience at the national international levels in programme planning, management, monitoring and evaluation in relation to Safe Motherhood, new born and child health including PMTCT and HIV/AIDs, EPI and IMCI.
• Experience working in the UN or other international development organization, and field work experience an asset.
• Background/familiarity with Emergency and gender main streaming.
• Strong Advocacy skills on maternal and child health agenda
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate with programme counterparts.
• Strong planning, organization and strategic thinking skills
• Strong communication skills, including writing and public speaking, fluency in English(verbal and written).
• Good written and spoken skills in the language of the humanitarian operation and knowledge of another UN language an asset and local language is an asset.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://jobs.unicef.org/en-us/job/535967/maternal-child-health-specialistta-11months-noddar-es-salaamtanzania-00114854