Material Handling Terminal Manager
Deadline of this Job:
10 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
YARA Tanzania is duly registered company under the Laws of Tanzania as a subsidiary of Fertilizers Holdings AS. with headquarters in Dar es Salaam. The aim is developing a market concept that increase the number of farmers that use fertilizer in Tanzania including better knowledge in plant nutrition, improved distribution and logistics. One of Yara investments in the country includes the construction of a 40 KT bulk terminal near the port of Dar Es Salaam which handles importation of bulk fertilizer, packaging and sale in Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi .
• Co-ordinate distribution of fertilizer to selected farmers within Tanzania in liaison with Yara Agronomists.
• Work closely with Supply Chain Manager to coordinate with Suppliers on required fleet/wagons and negotiate reasonable rate for the benefit of the company/project.
• Capture all trucks loaded with the product and follow up to ensure truck offloads at agreed points as well as capturing total distubution of fertilizer per region while ensuring all carriers follow HESQ and regulatory requirements in product movement to the warehouses and farmers.
• Cordinate all production report and series of QR code sticker stamped in each bag and all required documents before loading/releasing product and after final destination (receipt)
• Track fertilizer distribution in collaboration with Commercial Managers, Yara Agronomists and Market Promoters, to ensure that each QR code of the fertilier is traced to the end user.
• Generate Customer/farmer profile data to capture all required information concerning the farmers who get donated fertilizer which includes but not limited to names of the famers, crops grown, acreage, gender and phone numbers.
• Produce and analyze weekly inventory and distribution report per destination /supplied farmers.
• Report to the relevant parties including Health Environmental Safety and Quality (HESQ) department any incidences of product loss in transit either from the port, to the farmer, or to the distributor and follow the outlined process for claim as stipulated by Yara.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• University degree in Supply Chain or related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of work experience in a global Company’s Logistics department
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office.
• Excellent verbal and written communication in swahili and English languages
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience in managing a project involving agricultural activities in a rural set up is an added advantage.
• Experience in working with remote team
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here