Manager – Hts & Facility Hiv Prevention Service Delivery
Jobs at:Management and Development for Health (MDH)
Deadline of this Job:
10 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position Title: Manager – Hts & Facility Hiv Prevention Service Delivery (1 POST)
LOCATION: DAR ES SALAAM
REPORTS TO: SENIOR MANAGER – QUALITY SERVICE DELIVERY
The Manager – HTS & Facility HIV Prevention Service
Delivery is a technical expert in matters pertaining to HIV testing
services (HTS) and HIV prevention. She/ He provides technical leadership
and oversight of all HIV testing and prevention interventions and
services. This includes; keeping abreast with key advances in the area
of HIV testing and prevention; translating into practice, key program,
national and global priorities in HTS and HIV prevention; as well as
working with and providing technical support to other project staff at
supported regions, key stakeholders at national, regional and local
government authorities and other partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead and oversee planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of HIV
testing and prevention services and other relevant activities across all
supported regions and councils.
2. Oversee implementation of initiatives to address key program, donor
and national priorities, including index testing, focused PITC,
peer-based ART linkage, HIV self- testing, PrEP in line with national
3. Forge strong partnership with key government ministries and offices
at national, regional and council level, support national efforts and
provide TA to relevant ministries, RHMTs and CHMTs in planning,
implementation, M&E and reporting of HIV testing and prevention services.
4. Oversee needs assessment, on HIV testing and prevention services and
organize efforts to address these needs; including capacity building and
health system strengthening – in collaboration with the R/CHMTs. 2
5. Oversee and ensure efficient management project expenditure and other
resources as per approved work-plan and budget.
6. Work with the project M&EL unit to put in place an efficient system
for routine HIV testing and prevention data recording, cleaning,
reporting and utilization.
7. Lead efforts to robustly analyse and utilize HIV testing and
prevention data to inform plans, priorities and resource allocation and
write reports, best practices and lessons learned for wider dissemination.
8. Lead efforts to identify gaps in HIV testing and prevention services;
design and implement operational research (OR), PHE, secondary data
analyses and CQI initiatives to address these gaps; and write abstracts,
posters manuscripts, and policy briefs to widely disseminate findings.
9. Implement robust capacity building programs, for HIV testing and
prevention services; capitalizing on supportive supervision, mentorship
and on-job training in line with national guidelines.
10. Supervise program staff under her/him across supported regions.
11. Lead efforts in writing technical program documents including
project proposals, work-plans, reports, best practices, lessons learned
and other relevant documents, as required by the supervisor.
12. Support and advise the project leadership on all HIV testing and
prevention issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by
13. Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Required Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Medical degree (MD or equivalent).
2. Master’s degree in Public Health or related discipline is preferred.
3. At least eight years’ work experience in facility-based HIV services
including 5 years’ experience with HIV testing services and/or
prevention program planning and implementation at the national or
4. Working knowledge with PEPFAR-funded HIV programs.
5. Demonstrable leadership experience in public health programs and
services with competencies in supervising individuals and teams to
deliver intended outcomes.
6. Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Data
Analysis, Interpretation, Utilization, CQI and Operational research in
the HTS and PreP.
7. Fluency in both written and spoken English and Swahili Languages.
8. Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint).
9. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong
10. Ability to travel to implementation regions a minimum of 50% of time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates for any of the above position should submit the
application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact
information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work
related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the
position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading
of the email.
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through
email [email protected] by 10th August 2022.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested
candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.