Amref Health Africa in Tanzania (Amref Tz) is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) has strategically selected Amref Tz as its sub grantee under its recently awarded U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)/Tanzania’s Comprehensive Client Centered Health Program – HIV and Tuberculosis (CH3P-HIV&TB) -Northern Activity. Under C3HP, EGPAF and its partners offers USAID a responsive and forward-thinking approach that will address the evolving needs of the people of Tanzania as they relate to HIV, tuberculosis (TB), and family planning (FP) services across each continuum of care. Under the C3HP, Amref Tz brings its deep expertise on strategic community engagement for improved health outcomes, and will work to ensure community services are reaching target populations, specifically women and girls, children, young people, and other vulnerable groups. The C3HP-HIV&TB Northern will be implemented for five years (2021 – 2026) in five regions including Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Manyara, Singida and Dodoma regions. The C3HP team will collaborate with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), and the President’s Office, Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG), Regional and Districts Local Governments’ Authorities to ensure increased demand for and use of quality HIV, TB, and FP services, leading to improved health outcomes. With this, Amref Tz is announcing the following positions to be filled for this project:
Position: M & E Advisor for Community Engagement (1 post) Reports to: C3HP MEL Director
Location: Dar es Salaam (EGPAF HQ)
The M&E Advisor for Community Engagement will oversee, implement and monitor all monitoring and evaluation activities for the project including supporting data quality, use, and dissemination. He/She will collaborate with other technical staff in the project and advise the project director on the progress of implementation of the M&E activities in respective regions. He/She will also be responsible to report the agreed USAID indicators on regular basis to USAID Tanzania, MoHCDGEC departments such as NTLP, NACP and TACAIDS.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing a strong MEL plan consistent with the donor’s results framework, coordinate the collection of data including conducting field visits for data validation, monitor the quality and completeness of data sets, contribute to the development of the program and document project performance against established outputs and indicators that will be submitted to USAID for approval
- Responsible in designing innovative and creative methods to capture, document, and report results required by the donor, while strengthening and using relevant national and district level reporting systems.
- Responsible in supporting data-driven decision-making to solve critical problems with guidance from GOTs and USG’s monitoring and evaluation systems
- Participate in setting high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines;
- Responsible for building the capacity of the regional M&E officers, data officers and other program staff in the collection, utilization, and dissemination of data as well as ensuring that all monitoring and data collection activities are harmonized and information is shared.
- Develop a robust M&E approach that can track the immediate and intermediate effects of program activities, including changes in knowledge, attitudes, responsiveness, data use and technical assistance demand.
- Design and implement an M&E system that is capable of tracking and documenting the targets set for HIV/TB interventions and progress of the activities.
- Interact with USAID/Tanzania M&E teams on data reporting and all other project related M&E issues
- Ensure timely submission of major technical reports to USAID/Tanzania and other stakeholders.
- Foster strong partnerships and collaborations with the MOHCDGEC, LGAs, other local organizations and other relevant stakeholders.
- Master’s Degree in public health, demography, sociology, epidemiology, biostatistics, or a related field
- At least seven years of experience in monitoring, evaluation, and research related to health development programs
- At least five years of experience with management of M&E systems for health initiatives Demonstrated experience in target setting and reporting against health development programs
- Excellent knowledge of data collection protocols for quality data collection and verification
- Exceptional ability to analyze multiple sources of data to identify data trends and provide recommendations on program performance and improvement
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with behavioral surveillance surveys, research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative research methods, data analysis, sampling methods and establishment of M&E systems in developing country contexts Demonstrated experience in managing and supervising a team
- Exceptional English written and oral communication skills; fluency in Swahili also required
How to Apply:-
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS December 08, 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not be easily retrieved. All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: j [email protected]
- Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
- “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
- Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channelled to the provided official correspondence email above
- Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.