Long Hole Driller
Jobs at:Barrick Bulyanhulu
Deadline of this Job:
26 July 2022
Within Tanzania , Shinyanga , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Bulyanhulu Team is seeking to recruit a Long Hole Driller to join and grow their team.
• You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute on a practical note to ensure activities in the Engineering and Services department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
About Bulyanhulu Team
• Bulyanhulu is situated in northwest Tanzania, in the Kahama district of the Shinyanga region, approximately 55 kilometers south of Lake Victoria and 150 kilometers southwest of the city of Mwanza. Bulyanhulu is a narrow-vein gold mine containing gold, silver, and copper mineralization in sulphides. The mineralization of Bulyanhulu is associated with a number of steeply-dipping veins. Bulyanhulu commenced commercial production in 2001.
• Collect drilling consumables & mining instructions
• Perform pre-use inspection
• Perform Field Level Risk Assessments and Entry Examinations at the work areas and ensure the health and safety of team members, visitors and contractors at the working area.
• To perform Scaling
• Conducting Equipment Setup for Drilling
• Perform drilling both down hole, up hole, drop rise and inverse rise
• Record & report drilling performance
• Uncouple equipment & remove from workplace
• Perform charging activities
• To take full care of Cleaning Equipment
• Working at height
• Install Services, Air & Water, Ventilation
• Support Installation
• Conduct charging of Blast Holes
• Identify improved drilling methods
• Observe drilling time per meter
• Coach and mentor trainees on Long hole working areas
• Assist with the training and skills development of trainees.
• To provide technical, practical and field support in various working areas of the mine focusing in increasing work effectiveness and productivity while lowering cost through improved good operational practices
• Ordinary secondary education
• Blasting Certificate
• Valid Driving License
Experience and competencies needed
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Long hole Operator
• Experience in operating machine in large underground mining operation
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
How to apply
• Apply now