Logistics & Procurement Manager
Jobs at:Medical Teams International
Deadline of this Job:
07 January 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Logistics and Procurement Manager is responsible for overseeing all procurement and logistics strategies and activities, in line with all related regulations, to facilitate all Medical Teams operations in Tanzania.
• Responsible for directing and monitoring the daily implementation of country logistics and procurement activities.
• Lead procurement and logistics staff in development and implementation of group and individual work plans in line with country and global strategies
• Responsible to ensure that all logistics and procurement processes are carried out in line with Medical Teams policy and procedures and in line with government and donor requirements.
• Coordinate all country level supply chain activities including planning, sourcing, transport, shipping, warehousing, asset management; apply distribution control techniques to optimize stock levels.
• Manage procurement process in accordance with Medical Teams policies and procedures in a transparent, accountable, efficient, timely and cost-effective manner, the protects and benefits Medical Teams activities
• Participate in writing expressions of interest, project proposals, developing budgets, procurement plans, and project performance analysis reports.
• Provide training, mentoring, and regular support for staff in the use of Unit 4 ERP system for logistics and procurement processes.
• Ensure hard copy and digital logistics and procurement paperwork is filed properly and available for audits.
• Lead the creation and revision of country-specific logistics and procurement SOPs and systems.
• Lead in the management and tracking of all ongoing procurement processes.
• Lead tender processes as the Tender Focal Point
• Track and manage supplier contracts and work closely with user departments to ensure effective and efficient implementation; support timely vendor payment by ensuring all required documentation is submitted completely and on time.
• Assure suppliers deliver in accordance with contracted standards of price, time, quantity and quality agreed upon.
• Assist in annual procurement planning process and, providing reports to management as required to support decision making.
• Develop and maintain a database of suppliers of goods and services.
• Provides procurement research, guidance and direction by presenting available procurement options, especially in the procurement planning process.
• Lead on the development and monitoring of logistics and procurement quality assurance systems
• Ensure the procurement and disposal of commodities are in line with applicable licenses and are properly documented.
• Ensure proper management of fleet and fuel resources.
• Ensure direct reports have clear objectives, receive mentorship and participate in capacity building opportunities.
• Conduct performance evaluations and enforce disciplinary procedures in line with policy.
• Provide mentorship and capacity building for staff involved in logistics and procurement.
• Support safety and security tasks as delegated, including updating security guidelines, security briefings, incident reporting, etc.
• Ensures safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, and Child & Vulnerable Adult protection policies and sexual harassment policies.
• Ensure integration of logistics and procurement functions with other departments to promote strong coordination in support of programming activities.
• Provide key information necessary for decision making to Senior Management related to Procurement.
• Represent Medical Teams to stakeholders at all levels for activities related to procurement.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Licenses, & Certifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement & Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field is required.
• Must be registered with Procurement and Supplies Professional and Technicians Board (PSPTB) with Professional certification (CPSP, CIPS, CILT, CPP, CPPM, CDPP, CPDW)
• Master’s Degree Preferred (MBA in Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain Management, or any other related field)
• Minimum 5 years of procurement and logistics management experience, inclusive of at least 2 years of supervisor experience is required.
• Experience with specific Grant rules and regulations on Procurement, Asset & Inventory Management, and Disposals Procedures by donor such as (UNHCR, USAID, ECHO, Other UN Agencies, etc.) is preferred.
• Experience working with a busy and reputable business organization especially International NGO is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• In-depth knowledge of global supply chain management including procurement, tendering, contracting, clearance, transport, warehousing, distribution, fleet management and asset management.
• In-depth knowledge of ERP systems
• Demonstrated understanding of donor-specific logistics procedures and grant requirements.
• Highly skilled at using ERP systems to manage inventory logistics.
• Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
• Skilled in managing a budget.
• Skilled in communication and leading a team.
• Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
• A good command of both written and spoken English and Swahili.
• Skilled in mentorship, training, supportive supervision and capacity building
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this email [email protected]