Logistics and Administration Assistant
Jobs at:D-tree International
Deadline of this Job:
05 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Zanzibar , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are seeking a full time Logistics and Administration Assistant, based in Pemba Island, Zanzibar, to support the logistics and administrative functions of a small but complex non-profit. This is a dynamic and challenging role requiring an individual with exceptional attention to detail, initiative and interest in supporting the improvement of quality health care for underserved communities. You are professional, motivated, and efficient team player. You are someone who is just as comfortable working independently in an office as you are coordinating logistics for a field-based training or meeting. You are a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and you enjoy working in a multi-cultural environment. You excel at multitasking and can move easily between deskwork, running errands, and participating in team meetings. You are a motivated professional who is willing to wear multiple hats and do what it takes to make our office and administration systems function well. .
Key Responsibilities include:
Office accounting and operations
o Maintain, replenish and track the Pemba office petty cash
o Monitor stock of office supplies and purchase supplies when needed
o Maintain electronic inventory of supplies and equipment
o Support daily Pemba accounting and financial functions including: Collection, timely scanning and filing of accounting source/supporting documents in both electronic and physical file systems
o Support in the follow up of compliance matters as directed by the Finance and Administration Officer.
Program Logistics and Administration
o Assist in preparation of logistics for meetings and trainings (booking venue, catering, preparing phone distribution, paying allowances to participants etc.)
o Organize coordination and booking of transportation for staff traveling to the field
o Issue phones and solar chargers or any other materials during community health volunteer trainings, maintain inventory, and replace broken equipment as needed
o Support visitor logistics; tasks may include organizing taxis, airport transfers, and accommodations
o Assist technical team in setting up phones and trouble-shooting, as needed
o Other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor that support a high functioning Pemba program office
Job Skills: Not Specified
What we are looking for
We are looking for a motivated, passionate individual who is willing to wear multiple hats and do what it takes to help our organization be successful.
• Minimum 1-2 years’ work experience in a similar position
• Diploma in Logistics or Office administration; Bachelor degree preferred (business management, public administration, procurement and logistics or related field)
• Language: Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
• Must be able to work independently, multi-task, collaborate with a distributed team, be persistent and work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
• Results-oriented, responsible and strong attention to detail
• Priority will be given to people residing in Pemba
• Accountability & Reliability – Takes ownership and responsibility for decisions, actions, and results; delivers on commitments.
• Initiative – Must display a sense of urgency to effectively and efficiently complete a varying workload in a timely manner. Can initiate actions independently, handles unexpected situations, and volunteers to assist others.
• Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change and respond to challenges positively. Able to manage a variety of different tasks as needed for the position. Can develop and / or learn new processes/systems quickly, and embraces the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
• Problem Solving – Ability to proactively identify issues and take action by analyzing all the information skillfully to persistently purse positive outcomes. Uses sound judgment about when to take action and when to seek guidance.
• Compliance & Quality – Must ensure accuracy, meet established deadlines of work, produce a quality product and show commitment to continuous improvement efforts. Ability to learn, interpret, and comply with all organization policies and procedures.
• Collaborative – Brings a track record of working effectively with various and diverse individuals and groups, and a willingness to actively listen and invite different views and opinions across all levels of the institution to build alignment in support of a common goal.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here