Jobs at:Sokoine University of Agriculture
Deadline of this Job:
06 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Morogoro , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
On behalf of Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH) and Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill seven (7) vacant posts mentioned below;- .
SOKOINE UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE (SUA)
Sokoine University of Agriculture was first established on the 1st July, 1984 by Parliamentary Act No. 14 of 1984 through the amendment of Parliamentary Act No 6 of the same year. Following repealing of the Act, the university is now operating through the Sokoine University of Agriculture Charter, 2007 through the broad framework of the Universities Act, 2005.
The history of Sokoine University of Agriculture dates back to 1965 when it started as an Agricultural College offering diploma training in the discipline of agriculture. After the dissolution of the University of East Africa and the consequent establishment of the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) in July 1970, the College was transformed into a Faculty of Agriculture of University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) and thereby started offering Bachelor of Science in Agriculture.
. In 1974, the Division of Forestry was established and hence the faculty was named Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry. The introduction of Bachelor of Veterinary Science in 1976 and the establishment of the Division of Veterinary Science, the Faculty was re-named “Faculty of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Sciences”. The Faculty was on the 1st of July 1984 transformed, through Parliamentary Act No. 6 of 1984, into a full-fledged University and became known as Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA).
The university was named Sokoine University of Agriculture in honor of then Prime Minister of Tanzania Edward Moringe Sokoine who died on 1984.
DEPARTMENT OF ANIMAL, AQUACULTURE AND RANGE SCIENCES
POSITION: Lecturer -1 POST
DISCIPLINE: DAIRY SCIENCE
DUTY STATION: – MOROGORO
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To undergo an induction course in pedagogic skills for those who had none before;
• To carry out lectures, conduct tutorials, seminars and practical for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes;
• To mentor junior staff in relevant fields;
• To participate/ contribute in curriculum development;
• To participate in developing and managing various University/ Constituent College activities;
• To undertake research and publish/ disseminate results;
• To carry out consultancy and community services;
• To write teaching manuals and compendia;
• To supervise field practical, undergraduate special projects, Masters and PhD dissertations/ theses;
• To attend/organise workshop, conferences and symposia; and
• To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the relevant authorities.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
PhD and Master of Science either in Animal nutrition, Animal Science or related studies with at least a GPA 4.0 out of 5.0 and a minimum GPA of 3.8 or equivalent (i.e. an average of B+ for BVM and medical graduates) and a Bachelor of Science in Animal Science with at least B+ score in relevant subjects from a recognised Institution.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
: As per Treasury Registrar’s Circular No. 7 of 2015, which is applicable at the moment.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service;
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:-
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
• Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
• Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
• Birth certificate;
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
• Form IV and form VI results slips;
• Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
• Overqualified candidates should not apply;
• An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
• An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;
• An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
• Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English language and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P. O. Box 2320, Jengo la Utumishi Chuo Kikuu Dodoma & Eneo la Asha Rose Migiro,Dodoma;
• Deadline for application is 6th January, 2021;
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
Released by: SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT