Lecturer - History
Jobs at:The Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Academy (MNMA
Deadline of this Job:
04 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA PRESIDENT’S OFFICE
PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/L/17 22nd January, 2021
On behalf of Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS), University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM), Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Academy (MNMA), National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) and Musoma Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MUWASA), Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 15 vacant posts as mentioned below. .
THE MWALIMU NYERERE MEMORIAL ACADEMY (MNMA)
The Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Academy (MNMA) was established by an Act of Parliament No. 6 of 2005 and become in operational on 1st October, 2005 by publication of Government Notice No. 433 after taking over the former Kivukoni College. The Academy is providing training programmes in various Social Sciences and other branches of knowledge that are relevant to the promotion and advancement of social, economic, political and technical development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To teach up to NTA level 8 for Master’s degree holders and NTA Level 9 for • PhD holders;
• To guide and supervises students in building up their Practical and Research projects;
• To prepare learning resources and design training exercises for Students;
• To conduct consultancy and community services;
• To participate in developing and reviewing curriculum;
• To undertake individual research and participate in scientific/academic congregations;
• To prepare teaching manuals, simulations and case studies for training;
• To coach junior teaching staff; and
To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
PhD degree, Master’s and Bachelor degree in History with GPA of 4.0 and above at Master’s level and GPA of 3.8 and above at Bachelor level from a recognized Institution.
Candidate should be a person of the highest integrity and professionalism who will work closely with MNMA team to achieve agreed objectives.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
REMUNERATION: Offered according to MNMA Scheme of Service
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
GENERAL CONDITIONS; • All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania of an age specified in each post;
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
o Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
o Birth certificate.
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
o Form IV and form VI results slips;
o Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
• Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
• Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
• Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P.O. Box 2320, Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma & Asha Rose Migiro Page 15 of 15 Buildings - Dodoma.
• Deadline for application is 4th February, 2021.
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
Released by; SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT