Leads and guides lab technologists, lab assistants, and other laboratory staff. Performs a variety of laboratory tests and procedures relevant to the particular lab. Prepares and tests specimens for examination and reports results. Performs all Quality Control procedures. Reviews, evaluates and documents all corrective actions. This position also supports Hospital Management Team (HMT) departmental leadership in identifying issues, concerns and trends within the workflow process that need to be addressed at a higher level resulting in optimal program performance and outcomes.
- Leads and guides lab technologists, lab assistants, and other laboratory staff. Acts as a resource, when questions arise. Handles more difficult tests/procedures.
- Collaborates with management to maintain staffing and productivity monitors.
- Ensures staffing coverages of the lab during all times
- Performs a variety of laboratory tests and procedures relevant to the particular lab. Prepares and tests specimens for examination and reports results.
- Performs all Quality Control procedures, including accumulation and recording of data. Reviews, evaluates and documents all corrective action in accordance with established and required policies and procedures.
- Performs routine and/or preventive maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- Troubleshoots basic instrumentation, reagents, technical problems and methodologies.
- Prepares and maintains a manual of standard operating procedures; maintains QA and QC records for assigned lab section to comply with board regulations.
- Maintains sufficient supplies at each work station through the inventory control system.
- Assists in in-service training programs, as needed. Assists in all bench training in the laboratory.
- Uses Infection Control practices and procedures.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, Basic Science, or related field, required.
- Knowledge of: standardized and complex tests performed in hematology, microbiology, or chemistry; laboratory testing techniques, equipment, and terminology; standard laboratory operating procedures; Quality Assurance and Control methods; laboratory computer systems; standard word processing and spreadsheet software; laboratory statistics; OSHA Laboratory Safety rules and regulations. Technical specialist in Hematology, Chemistry and/or Microbiology.
- Authorized to reside and work In Tanzania as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant clinical experience, required.
- Effectively read, write and communicate in English.
- Basic use of computers including MS Office applications.
We are seeking for a qualified candidate to fit for a position of Lab Technician.