Laboratory Services Manager
Jobs at:Ariel Glaser Paediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI)
Deadline of this Job:
18 September 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, September 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Ariel Glaser Paediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI) is a non–governmental organisation that plays a pivotal role in complementing the Government of Tanzania’s efforts towards the attainment of its development goals. AGPAHI strives to provide quality and integrated HIV/AIDS health services to children and families. AGPAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems. AGPAHI is looking for motivated, result driven, qualified and competent candidates to fill the following positions:- .
Laboratory Services Manager
Reports to – Director of Programs
Duty station – Dar-es-salaam
Purpose of the job:
To oversee and coordinate all laboratory services activities in all AGPAHI supported regions and provide technical support to all Program officers and laboratory personnel on laboratory services to ensure quality services in line with AGPAHI strategic objectives.
• Engage in planning, organizing, and overseeing the daily operations of all Lab related program activities
• Coordinate the implementation strategies in liaison with Laboratory Program Officers and other stakeholders in the districts and regions to improve and standardize the quality systems in all AGPAHI supported laboratories;
• Coordinate modification and application of Standard Operating Procedures, laboratory manuals, guidelines, worksheets and forms as appropriate to ensure efficient laboratory services operations;
• Coordinate the implementation of all program activities under laboratory services in accordance with the set work plans and strategies;
• Identify additional regional technical assistance needs in collaboration with the Lab services Program officers to ensure laboratory quality assurance;
• Assess Laboratory quality systems in AGPAHI supported sites in collaboration with Laboratory Services Program Officers to identify areas of improvement and subsequently offer advice and technical assistance;
• Coordinate the inspection of clinical laboratory services in AGPAHI supported regions to ensure they are of good quality in line with set requirements;
• Provide technical support, mentorship and supervise Laboratory Services Program Officers and laboratory personnel at AGPAHI supported sites to ensure quality integrated services;
• Coordinate implementation of elements of quality management in all laboratories in AGPAHI supported regions and sites to ensure provision of quality services;
• Liaise with the AGPAHI technical teams in the regions and Headquarters, to provide strategic technical guidance on laboratory activities in field and strategies for improvement.
• Conduct capacity assessment of laboratories and initiate capacity building efforts to ensure that the laboratories are well equipped for efficient delivery of services;
• Represent AGPAHI in relevant laboratory technical forums at national and donor level to provide input in matters affecting AGPAHI laboratory services;
• Supervise lab related data collection, analysis, reporting and proper documentation to as part of research and knowledge development purposes; and
• Collaborate with the Laboratory Services Program Officers to regularly inform all local stakeholders about the AGPAHI supported laboratory activities in the regions. Skills: Not Specified
• Master’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology from a recognised University.
• Current registration with the Medical Council of Tanganyika or equivalent professional body
• A minimum of nine (9) years of relevant work experience
• Knowledge of the current laboratory guidelines, standards, tools and best practices;
• Knowledge of national guidelines on HIV/AIDS;
• Previous experience working with international and local partners;
• Experience in working with donor programs that require community-level engagement;
• Excellent skills addressing complex people management issues;
• Good training facilitation and delivery skills;
• Ability to produce complex and informative reports;
• Knowledge and understanding of AGPAHI donor requirements.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter quoting the title of the position, a CV and the Names and contact information of three referees (at least two of which must be professional) before the closure of business on Friday 18, September 2020 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager by e-mail to [email protected] Please quote the title of the position applied for in the e-mail subject line or on the application envelope.
AGPAHI is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.