Laboratory Service officer
Jobs at:Amref Health Africa
Deadline of this Job:
17 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Handeni , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018. From October 2020 this project will extend its operations to Simiyu Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
Laboratory Service officer
Location: Bariadi Office (1)
Reports to: Regional Project Manager – Simiyu
The Laboratory Service Officer will strengthen Laboratory Quality Management System and provide technical support of laboratory services to improve quality of HIV diagnosis and Viral Load Monitoring to attain the current 95-95-95 of the HIV clinical cascade .
• Responsible for supporting health facilities through an evidence-based CQI approach to implement a comprehensive Lab quality management program to surpass the 95-95-95 targets and adherence to safety laboratory requirements.
• Strengthen External Quality Assurance (EQA)/PT program for EID, HVL, HRT, TB and OI tests through mentorship and Technical assistance
• Strengthen laboratory sample transportation/results transmission and other HIV related testing to meet National standards and expand the use of laboratory information systems
• Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports regarding HVL/EID ,reagents status and any other laboratory matters in their region/District
• Follow up on facility stock status of reagents , Supplies and Consumables , and participate fully in reagents, consumables and supplies distribution
• Work close with RLTs, DLTs R/CHMTs in quality management systems to increase coverage of laboratory participation into SLMTA and ensure graduation with at least 2 stars for enrolled Lab
• Participate in training, mentorship, supportive supervision and clinical guidance to health care providers as needed
• Make use of training materials/curriculum, SOPs and Job Aids useful to the providers according to the National guidelines and policies
• Participate in meetings/events relevant to the project and provide relevant technical contributions according to the Ministry of Health guidelines and PEPFAR policies
• Collaborate with all other project staff in the related program areas as would be needed
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum Education: Advanced Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science, A Bachelor degree is an added advantage.
• At least 3 years of “hands on experience in lab systems strengthening programs.
• Proven experience and competence in supporting the HIV related Lab services
• Experience in designing and implementing laboratory system strengthening interventions.
• Experience in M&E as it relates to laboratory services(Including LIS, eSRS, GX-alert) • Proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills.
• Experience working with Local Government Authorities and PEPFAR funded project
• Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.
• Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Mwanza Office for the shortlisted Lake Zone Applicants and at Dar es Salaam Office for other shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 17, 2020. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: [email protected] .
• Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
• “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
• Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.