Laboratory Project Officer – Testing Point Auditing and Certification
Management and Development for Health (MDH)
Deadline of this Job:
10 October 2021
Dar es Salaam
Monday, October 04, 2021
, Base Salary:
POSITION TITLE: Laboratory Project Officer – Testing Point Auditing and Certification
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: Laboratory Project Manager
The Laboratory Project Officer – Testing Point Auditing and Certification will be responsible to coordinate and overseeing all activities related to auditing and certification of HIV RT testing points using SPI-RT checklist in collaboration with MOHCDGEC Health Quality Assurance Unit (HQAU), R/CHMTs and IPs. He/she will be coordinating and provide technical and logistical support to conduct mentorships, audit of testing points as well as coordinate meeting with stakeholders to review project performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support and coordinate audit of HIV RT testing points using SPI-RT checklist and certify qualified testing points.
2. Coordinate HIV RT stakeholders meeting to integrate new testing modalities into rapid test quality improvement program (RTCQI).
3. Coordinate training of mentors and auditors who will support regional IPs and R/CHMTs in supporting RTCQI activities at the facilities.
4. Work with HQAU to coordinate HRT certification committee meetings on quarterly basis.
5. Conduct HIV RTCQI coordination and performance meeting at national and regional level in collaboration with R/CHMTs, Reginal IPs, HQAU on quarterly basis.
6. Expand coverage and participation of RTCQI programs for HIV RT, to all facilities and HIV testing points though sensitization meetings.
7. Ensure effective execution of the approved workplan and budget to achieve the set targets.
8. Prepare, review and submit progress reports weekly, monthly, quarterly and as needed.
9. Participate in the development of workplan and budget.
10. Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. A Degree or Master’s degree in Medical Laboratory or Biomedical science and other related skills.
2. Additional training in the Laboratory management, Laboratory Quality Management or public health will be an added advantage.
3. A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in working with PEPFAR funded programs in Laboratory management position or in implementing ISO 150189 standards especially in HIV care and treatment settings.
4. Experience in activities related to continuous quality improvement and proficient testing.
5. Experience in implementation or assessing laboratory standards such as SLMTA, ISO 150189, RTCQI standards using SPI-RT checklist.
6. Experience to work with the various stakeholders including R/CHMTs, Implementing Partners and other Government entities.
7. Experience in organizing/coordinating high level meetings and trainings that involves different stakeholders.
Other Special Qualifications/Skills
1. Proficiency in Microsoft office especially Excel and Power Point Presentation or any other statistical software for data analysis.
2. Results oriented individual with ability to meet set target with competing priorities.
3. Ability to work both as individual and as a team with minimum supervision.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email
by 10th October 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 02 November 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 21-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: 3 Medical Officers […
Overview Job Category: Health/ Medicine Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 28 October 2021 Duty Station: Kasulu Posted: 16-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: National Migration Health Physician […
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 19 October 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 05-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: HSSEQ Lead [ Type:…
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 27 October 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 13-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Department Chair / HOD,…
Position: HR Business Systems Analyst Job Category : Human Resources Requisition Number : HRBUS001196 Posting Details Posted: October 4, 2021 Full-Time Locations Washington, DC 20005, USA Watertown, MA 02472, USA…
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 06 October 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 30-09-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Head of Finance […