Laboratory and Supply Chain Management Manager
Jobs at:Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and Presidents Office – Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services. THPS is currently implementing projects in comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment among general populations in Pwani and Kigoma regions; key and vulnerable populations across 25 district councils across 13 mainland Tanzania regions and Health laboratory services strengthening in all mainland regions and Zanzibar. Additionally, THPS implements research and evaluations across health programs to generate evidence that informs public health interventions.
THPS has been awarded a five years USAID Cooperative Agreement number 72067120CA00004 – Uhuru TB &FP LON Activity, aimed at improving access and use of quality Tuberculosis (TB) and family planning (FP) services for better health outcomes for Tanzanian citizens. The Activity will be implemented in Katavi, Kigoma, Rukwa and Songwe regions. THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below.
Laboratory and Supply Chain Management Manager
Reports to: Deputy COP/Technical Director
Position Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Overall Job Function
The Laboratory and Supply Chain Management (Lab/SCM) Manager is responsible for provision of technical support in the planning and implementation of high-quality laboratory systems strengthening and supply chain management for improved TB and reproductive health services at supported regions. Provides supervision and coordination of the laboratory team and state of the art technical support for TB and drug resistant MDR TB prevention, detection and linkage to treatment services in collaboration with the Tanzania Ministry of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC), National TB and Leprosy Program (NTLP), regional and council health management teams (R/CHMTs). Improves coordination for continuous availability of reagents, equipment functionality, supplies and commodities for efficient, uninterrupted TB and reproductive health services and advocates laboratory data utilization to improve services. The position involves at least 50% field travel. .
• Lead the planning and implementation of laboratory and supply chain management activities required for TB and reproductive health services and capacity development in supported regions and health facilities (HFs).
• Participate in regular joint supportive supervision in supported regions and at HFs including mentorship to ensure uninterrupted, accessible quality TB and TB/HIV testing services at all supported HFs.
• Provide technical support on proper management of health commodities including forecasting and quantification of TB and reproductive health commodities and supplies at national, R/CHMTs and HFs and to promote good inventory management practices for relevant TB and RH commodities at HFs for uninterrupted services.
• Provide technical support for TB laboratory information systems (TB LIS) including integrated specimen referral system to enhance laboratory data management and implementation of laboratory quality management systems.
• Support the development and adaptation of tools for recording and reporting laboratory testing and service data from HFs to national level particularly on TB and TB/HIV services, conduct assessments and evaluation of laboratories and HFs to focus laboratory and health system strengthening investments.
• Support development of laboratory training materials and organize, coordinate and oversee training on TB/HIV and reproductive health services related capacity building of laboratory personnel and healthcare providers (HCPs).
• Provide technical support in the development/review of laboratory tools: laboratory standards, SOPs, job aids, laboratory data management tools (registers, logbooks, and sample referral forms) as needed based on national and international guidelines and standards to improve TB diagnostic services.
• To provide technical support to the MoHCDGEC in the evaluation and validation of new TB tools including diagnostics and RHS.
• To represent THPS and the Project on laboratory-related issues at the donor and MoHCDGEC technical meetings as well as work closely with both the donors and the MoHCDGEC in harmonizing TB and Reproductive health services.
• Carry any other duties as assigned.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required:
• Basic degree in medical laboratory sciences from a recognized medical school.
• Post graduate degree in health sciences discipline; microbiology, molecular biology, public health, mycobacteriology.
• Qualification in supply chain management is an added advantage.
• A minimum of 5 years of successful experience as senior-level technical advisor/expert in health laboratory support services including TB diagnostics.
• Experience in working with USAID supported programs.
• Technical knowledge and experience in the areas of TB, HIV and DR TB diagnostics and HIV diagnostics in accordance with the national guidelines and Manuals.
• Ability to build strong partnerships with relevant national, regional and district leaders.
• Excellent documentation skills including drafting of reports, presentations and best practices.
• Demonstrated excellent organizational, analytical, oral, and written communication skills
• Experience and proven skills on the use of computer Office packages.
• Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines.
• Ability to plan, implement independently or in a team.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to ( [email protected] ) by 31st July, 2020 with a subject line of ‘USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Position’ e.g. USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Zonal Project Manager. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.