Junior Membership Outreach and Partnership Officer
Jobs at:Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA)
Deadline of this Job:
15 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA), is quasi-independent Government body established under the Tanzania Communications Regulatory Act No. 12 of 2003 to regulate the electronic communications, and Postal services, and management of the national frequency spectrum in the United Republic of Tanzania. .
Under the supervision of the Chief of Department and the day to day supervision of the Head, Membership and Private Sector Service, the incumbent performs the following duties:
• Researches and prepares briefs prior to meetings and conference calls with membership, follow-up of meetings with Sector Members to strengthen the relationship with ITU-D Sector Members, Associates and Academia.
• Participates and assists with design of data collection tools for better segmentation of membership portfolio; identifies problems/issues and prepares preliminary recommendations for improvement of membership engagement.
• Maintains, updates, and revises the content of the ITU-D Membership in CRM and ITU-D website; proposes improvements and enhances the ITU-D Sector Membership website and other outreach materials. Reviews and proposes outreach opportunities for prospective new members.
• Contributes to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, presentations, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies.
• Uses tools and platforms to identify to new prospects and prepares the outreach approach to each prospect.
• Supports the Service in the implementation of high-level platforms for Membership (such as the Industry Advisory Group for Development Issues – IAGDI, and the Private Sector Chief Regulatory Officers – CRO meeting) which includes, amongst others: developing action plan work plan, content research, and analysis and prepares recommendations.
• Carries out research and monitors the membership outreach and engagement initiatives, mainstreaming opportunities for engagement within ITU-D’s menu of products and services, projects, ITU-D Study Groups and other platforms for collaboration.
• Sustains relationships with the ITU-D membership, liaising with existing members and analyses the possible causes for membership cancellation, suspensions, and exclusions. Receives visitors and answers requests for general information by members or potential members of ITU-D, by administrations and organizations concerning matters falling within the responsibility of the Service, namely, member’s rights and obligations. Membership benefits, approval procedure and costs.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Core Competencies: Applying Expertise; Effective Communication; Learning and Knowledge Sharing; Organizational Commitment; Results-Focused, and; Teamwork and Collaboration.
• Essential Functional Competencies: Analysis, Judgement and Decision-Making; Client and Service Orientation; Innovation and Facilitating Change; Networking and Building Partnerships, and; Planning and Organizing.
• Essential Technical Competencies: Knowledge and ability to manage CRM, prepare briefings and company profiles, use tools and platforms to reach out to prospects.
Job Skills: Not Specified
University degree in Business Administration, International Relations, or a related field or education in a reputed college of advanced education with a diploma of equivalent standard to that of an advanced university degree in one of the fields above.
At least three years of progressively responsible experience in the field of the post, including at least two at the international level. An advanced degree in a related field can be considered as a substitute for one year of working experience. A doctorate in a related field can be considered as a substitute for two years of working experience.
Knowledge of one of the six official languages of the Union (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish) at advanced level and knowledge of a second official language at intermediate level. Knowledge of a third official language would be an advantage. (Under the provisions of Resolution No. 626 of the Council, a relaxation of the language requirements may be authorized in the case of candidates from developing countries: when candidates from such countries possess a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the Union, their applications may be taken into consideration.)
Total annual salary consists of a net annual salary (net of taxes and before medical insurance and pension fund deductions) in US dollars and a post adjustment (PA) (cost of living allowance). The PA is variable and subject to change without notice in accordance with the rates as set within the UN Common System for salaries and allowances.
Annual salary from $ 47, 895 + post adjustment $ 37, 598
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply online through the following ITU link: http://www.itu.int/employment/Recruitment/index.html . Applications from women are highly encouraged.