DELEGATION TO THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA AND TO THE
EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY
The Delegation of the European Union to the United Republic of Tanzania and the East African Community (EAC) is looking for: IT Assistant
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political union between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the United Republic of Tanzania and the East African Community (EAC):
- Supports Tanzania’s and EAC’s development agendas and sustainable development goals for a better life for allProvides support with a view to inclusive growth, private sector development and job creation
- Promotes fundamental rights, good governance and accountable democracy;
- Fosters regional peace and stability, economic integration and trade development.
- Upon recruitment, the successful candidates will occupy a specific job function as IT Assistant – these job functions may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
- This is a full time employment. The posts are allocated in salary group II which has a minimum gross salary of 3,981,106 TZS per month.
- We offer other entitlements as per European Union human resources procedures applicable to locally recruited staff. The definitive salary will be determined based on the professional experience of the successful candidate. We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- The IT Assistant may assist in Delegation related activities.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Diploma in engineering, Computer Science or equivalent discipline with thorough knowledge of networking, IT hardware and workstation administration.
- IT, LAN, Communication Security
- Good knowledge of software applications, networking and hardware Experience
- Minimum three years of experience in IT
- Linguistics ability and Communication skills
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Very good oral and written communication.
- Interpersonal and Intellectual skills
- High degree of responsibility and be able to work independently
- Ability to work in a team
- Professional conduct. Ability to focus on priorities and to organise work to deliver on time
- Flexibility to work under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands
- Selection Criteria
- Compulsory requirement Asset
Qualifications Diploma or Equivalent Bachelor Degree
- Professional experience At least 3 year experience in IT
- Knowledge of languages Fluent in English and Kiswahili Knowledge of an EU language will be an advantage
- Knowledge of IT tools IT, LAN, Communication Security, JAVA Good knowledge of software applications, networking and hardware
How to apply
Please send only your detailed CV and Cover Letter. All applications must be submitted through this email address: [email protected]
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications: Friday 19th February 2021 by 16:00