MHS – MASSANA HOSPITAL
(Founded by Late Prof. R.S.M. Lema MD, MBA, MMED (O/G) FBRH)
INVITATION FOR TENDER TO PROVIDE CATERING SERVICE TO MASSANA HOSPITAL AND COLLEGE OF NURSING
The MHS is a hospital which carries out medical services in both inpatient and outpatient departments. The hospital is situated in Mbezi Beach Kinondoni District.(Dar es Salaam Region). The management of MHS wishes to invite tenders from catering service providers to provide services of catering to their staff.
- Tenderers will provide the following information: Company name, Contact person, Telephone – mobile and Email as well as Physical and Postal address, present Trading Licence, Registration certificate, TIN, and Tax clearance certificates. Tenderers should provide a company profile together with a list of current and past catering contracts. Failure to submit any of the required documents will lead to automatic disqualification.
Tenders will be quoted in Tanzanian Shillings.
The prices quoted will remain fixed for the entire period of the contract.
- MHS will not reimburse any expense incurred by any firm responding to this announcement.
- The bid should be valid for a minimum of 2 weeks effective from the closing date of bid submission.
- Any request for clarification must be received by MHS in writing at least 5days before the deadline for submission of tenders.
- Tender Date: Tender bids will be accepted until 07/03/2021 at 12.00 noon.
Sealed bids must be submitted in ONE ORIGINAL and TWO COPIES in plain envelope clearly marked – INVITATION TO TENDER FOR PROVISION OF CATERING SERVICES attached with a tender fee of Tsh. 100,000/= (not refundable), to be paid to
A/C 01J1027893800 (plz attach original Bank slip)
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER MASSANA HOSPITAL P.O.BOX 65561
MBEZI BEACH KINONDONI.
TENDER DETAILS: Scope:
The tender is for two services within the hospital. These are tea for staff and inpatients, also food
provision services for the staff as described below.
STAFF TEA AND FOOD SERVICE:
The Service: Catering breakfast, lunch, and dinner to be served in the canteen area.
Breakfast: one cup of tea for each staff and inpatient.
Lunch: Choice of five main dishes ugali, wali, pilau, ndizi and chips with meat stew/beans/fish e.t.c with variety of vegetables and seasonal fruits. Please quote the price per plate as per dishes mentioned above.
Variable but MHS staff and patients load is on average.
CANTEEN FOOD SERVICE:
The caterer will rent the canteen space from the hospital and then provide meals and snacks to hospital inpatients, students and visitors on a restaurant basis with customers paying their own bills. The canteen is also expected to provide refreshments and snacks.
Charges for food to customers, students and inpatients in the canteen are at the discretion of the caterer and are not included in this tender.
Caterer Provided Equipments:
The caterer provides dishes, serving utensils, chairs, tables, cooking stove, refrigerators, deep freezers, and charcoal cooker e.t.c for the Canteen, and any other equipment she/he deems necessary for proper functioning of the kitchen/restaurant. These items will remain the property of the caterer.
Canteen will be opened at 06.00Am up to 08.00Pm from Monday – Sunday.
Duration of contract:
The winning bidder will sign a 2 – years contract which will be renewable upon satisfactory performance.
Caterer will rent the open area reserved for restaurant. The rates for the rent are negotiable.
The service provider will be responsible for cooking items (charcoal/gas) as well as for water and electricity units consumed monthly. You will also take care of disposing garbage produced in your operations.
The caterer will provide qualified and sufficient staff to prepare and serve meals in a timely manner for all Canteen Food Service. All staff are required to have uniforms and certificates to prove their health status.
Inspection of Premises:
Tenderers are welcome to view the premises by appointment.
Plot No. 164/165 Goba Road, Mbezi Beach. P.O.Box 65561,
MHS – CARES FOR YOUR HEALTH