Jobs at:The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST)
Deadline of this Job:
08 May 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Hospital is JCI Accredited (achieved a level of quality and patient service that is equal to the best hospitals in the world) and the teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers Postgraduate Medical Education programs leading to Master of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Paediatrics and Child Health.
• Responsible to supervise day to day operations of all warehouses and Supply Centers.
• To lead, guide and coach warehouse team (Stock Controllers, Receiving, Dispatch, Documentation Team)
• To ensure timely processing of all receiving and dispatch documents to Finance Dept for payment.
• Communicate and liaise with end users, internal team and senior management regarding inventory matters.
• Develop systems, processes and control for the checks of stock levels, develop Economic Order Ouantities (EOO) and reorder levels.
• Regular Monitoring of critical supplies stocks and their inventory.
• Monitor and analyze the stock days and work on reducing Holding Stocks days.
• Supervise Perpetual Stock-takes for all supplies in Warehouse and Supply Centers.
• Ensure receiving of temperature-controlled supplies and monitor their proper storage.
• Ensure all requirement of Joint Commission International related to storage and warehouse is fulfilled.
• Analyze to minimize obsolete stocks and Near Expiry stocks, coordinate with Users for liquidation and report to management promptly.
• Supervise Consignment Stocks and check proper recording and its consumption with the invoice.
• Analyze slow moving and nonmoving supplies and closely coordinate with users for liquidation.
• Coordinate with TMDAand Other authorities for disposing off supplies in proper manner.
• Develop reports for the reconciliations between inventory in systems and physical locations through physical verifications.
• Bring in effective controls, processes related to inventory issuances and their charging to general ledger.
• Coordinate with IT Dept to automate the reports and process.
• Initiate and review regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field from Tanzania or International renowned Universities.
• Should have registration with Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB).
• Minimum of 6 years of professional experience in Warehouse Management and Inventory Logistics preferably in healthcare organization and 1 of which should be in managerial role.
• Attendance of specialized courses and experience of attending international symposiums and workshops will be an added advantage.
• Numeracy and an understanding of finance for stock management.
• People management skills, including the ability to inspire, lead and motivate a team of people, delegate work and explain ideas.
• Excellent people management, interpersonal, leadership and delegation skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good commend on MS Excel, word and PowerPoint
• Excellent project management, presentation and organizational skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this email [email protected]