Internal Compliance Assistant
Jobs at:Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)
Deadline of this Job:
23 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Internal Compliance Assistant
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar. THPS’ goal is to ensure accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems.
THPS, has been awarded by CDC/PEPFAR to implement the five (5) years project AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment and HIV Prevention- STEP). Through AFYA HATUA, THPS will deliver client centered, comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for general, key and vulnerable populations in Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga regions, and contribute to the country’s epidemic control. Based on the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) National Multisectoral Strategic Framework (NMSF) IV, Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan (HSHSP) IV, and PEPFAR COP21 priorities, AFYA HATUA will extend best practices and lessons learned from THPS’s 10+ years of implementing HIV programs in Tanzania. THPS will partner with all LGAs in the 3 regions, faith-based health facilities, and community-based, key population (KP)-led organizations to achieve the project goals.
Job Title: Internal Compliance Assistant
Reports to: Internal Compliance Manager
Location: Central Office Dar Es Salaam (with frequent up to 50% field travel)
Under the leadership of The Internal Compliance Manager, the incumbent will provide advice to internal compliance manager of any new risks to which THPS may be exposed, operational risks, financial, currency, and political risks.
Role and responsibilities:
• Contribute to ensuring that financial controls and other assurance processes and activities are appropriate and robust throughout THPS.
• Understand and conduct test of controls on a monthly basis on Procurement process through examination and review of documentation to identify gaps and key control issues for earlier mitigation.
• To provide assurance on the effectiveness of internal controls over Sub-recipient’s management for helping achieve uniformity, quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of This will involve the Intern to visit sub recipients in person to check whether they comply with terms and conditions as contracted with THPS on a quarterly basis.
• To verify whether all medical facilities procured during the quarter have been distributed to intended This will involve physical verification at site
• Conduct site visits to check whether supported health facilities patient care is provided to at least an appropriate ratio. This may involve travelling with program officials during supervision works to see whether the objective is achieved or
• Review and analyze program budgets to check whether they conform to THPS activities and all the budgeted activities are fully implemented. This will go down to reviewing payment documents for all expenses incurred.
• On a quarterly basis, conduct physical verification of some sampled assets from the Head quarter to the
• To check whether assets are coded with a unique number for easier
• Weather assets are properly used by the Organization and not subject to any
• Work along with the compliance manager to ensure compliance to all statutory requirements both at the institution and national level.
• Any other adhoc responsibility as assigned by the Internal Compliance manager or THPS
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required:
• Bachelor Degree in Finance/BCom Accounting, from a recognized College/University.
• CPA (T)/ ACPA with audit back ground will be of added advantage.
• Minimum three years’ experience working in an internal audit department or recognized audit firm is
• Experience working for USG funded NGOs will be an added
• Excellent skills in Microsoft word, Excel, and
• Be of high integrity and able to maintain
• Proven record to work under minimum supervision and meet
• Reading, written, and verbal fluency in English and Kiswahili
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send an email [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 23rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “Community Service Technical Advisor’’.