North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit four (4) Instrumentation Technicians to join Water Treatment team. The successful candidates for this position will play an important role in the smooth functioning of all production and maintenance processes of the water treatment plant. The Instrumentation Technician is responsible for the safe and effective maintenance of the water plant to ensure production, optimisation, efficiency and KPI achieved by adhering to the following key tasks. The position will report to the First Line Leader-Water Treatment Plant .This is a permanent role, with the work roster being seven (7) days day shift, seven (7) days night shift and seven (7) days off shift .
- Ensure team members in the plant adhere to safety regulations and use the correct PPE
- Maintaining hand tools, configuration tools e.g. Hart Communicator and housekeeping.
- Report all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) issues via an incident report
- Perform task risk assessments
- Ensure the plant operates within acceptable limits and all PM’S and CM are done correctly.
- Maintain the plant according to company operation policies and SOPs
- Adhered to isolation and lockout permits procedures
- Ensure that there is enough stock of all the sensors such as Pressures, temperatures,
- Valves, flow meters etc.
- Perform stocktaking and stock control functions for all spares related to water treatment plant
- Troubleshoot process control problems and solve engineering problems.
- Housekeeping and neatness of the site will ultimately be his/her responsibility
- Check the plant for any defects and whatever maintenance required
- Maintain plant with guidance to safety regulations
- Understand the plant operations and control philosophy.
- Report any safety and equipment defects immediately to the supervisor
- Help and coordinate cleaning actions together with operation people.
- Abide to general housekeeping standards, apply 5S principle
- Responsible for monitoring or maintaining of flows and feed processes/water quality
- Inspects, tests, adjusts, and repairs electric, electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic instruments and systems used to indicate, record, and control generating operations in water treatment plant: Inspects meters, indicators, and gauges to detect abnormal fluctuations.
- Records calibrations made, parts and components used, and inventory of parts on hand.
- Conduct instrumentation evaluation and troubleshooting for electrical, pneumatic, electronic as well as programmable logic control (PLC) systems
- Review and interpret engineering specifications, schematics, and blueprints to determine work procedure
- Responsible for shift handover at area of responsibility
- Proactively identifying and acting on plant performance deviation
- Ensure all projects are done inaccuracy within a predetermine time.
- Comply with classification and prioritization system for completion of work order
- Clean equipment, using scrapers, wire brushes, and cleaning solvents.
- Industrial Instrumentation Trade Test.
- Diploma in Electronics and Electrical Engineering.
- Diploma in Instrumentation or Automation Industrial will be advantage.
- 2 Years – Post Trade Test Experience.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
- Knowledge of diagnostics SCADA system.
- Analytical skills, able to think logically and clearly; Strong attention to detail
- Complex problem-solving skills.
- Check the plant for any defects – both process and whatever maintenance required
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Operate a variety of tools and equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Perform safety inspections and identify safety hazards.
- Possession of Valid driving license.
- Identify and suggest optimizations opportunities.
- Basic of Allen Bradley PLC maintenance and Installation.
- Basic of Siemens PLCs.
- Working with Hand tools.
- Industrial Field Instrumentation Fault Finding.
- Ethernet Networks (wired and wireless).
- Process Control Systems.
- VSD and Soft Starters.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 4 th November 2020.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com