The HR Manager is responsible for employment policies and procedures, overseeing payroll and rewards and recognition programs as well as managing workplace safety initiatives. Along with administering employee-benefit programs, the HR Manager role involves finding, screening, recruiting new job applicants and developing training and development programs for all employees.
- Managing company staff, including coordinating and supporting the recruitment process.
- Onboarding newcomers to the company.
- Determining suitable salaries and remuneration.
- Providing the necessary support systems for payroll requirements.
- Developing adequate induction and training.
- Supporting employee opportunities for professional development.
- Managing succession planning of staff.
- Assisting with the performance management and review process.
- Resolving employees' issues and handling complaints to protect the general interests.
- Evaluation of the success of the implementation of new HR programs.
- Development and ensuring healthy work relationships and a supportive atmosphere at the workplace.
- Provision of advice for department managers on how to deal with employees, most of all in extraordinary situations.
- Research on Tanzanian labor laws and regulations, healthcare regulations, best practices etc.
- Leading of negotiations between the organization and employees.
- Degree in business/economics, HR management or any other related field.
- Minimum 8 years experience in a similar position. Experience in Industrial field is advantageous.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to effectively solve problems and make decisions.
- Listening skills as well as the ability to understand people's background and motives.
- Ability to present information and bargain with employees and managers from different levels.
- Must be familiar with Tanzanian Labor Laws.