Deadline of this Job:
05 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Grade: No grade
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Purpose of the Consultancy:
HIV continues to be a disease of public health concern in Tanzania. The National Control Programme (NACP) of the Ministry of Health is implementing the fourth Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan 2017 – 2022 (HSHP IV). In October 2020, the NACP conducted a midterm review of HSHSP IV and is now developing the HSHSP V which is aligned with the recently launched National HSSP V for ease of implementation synergy and monitoring.
Under the supervision and overall guidance of the NACP Programme Manager and WHO Medical Officer TB/HIV, the selected candidate will perform the following tasks:
• Facilitate synthesis of the new health policy, HSSP V and other global strategies to inform HSHSP V mission, vision, goals and objectives
• Facilitate synthesis of MTR findings and results from other analyses to benchmark and provide baselines for new HSHSP V M&E Framework.
• Consolidate the draft HSHSP V chapters to ensure alignment and logical flow of chapters/strategies.
• Review draft HSHSP V chapters, logical/theoretical framework that articulates inputs, processes, outputs, outcomes and impact.
• Review draft HSHSP V monitoring and evaluation plan and two-year M&E operational Plan with clear measuring indicators for progress.
• Provide guidance on costing of HSHSP V
• Facilitate development of a two-year HSHSP V costed implementation plan/roadmap
• Support validation of HSHSP V draft, operational plan and M&E Framework, and thereafter consolidate stakeholder’s inputs.
The Lead consultant will work with the team of experts during desk review of the HIV current country situation and existing strategies, review available recommendations, review proposed chapters of the new HSHSP V, facilitate review meetings with stakeholders and finalization of the documents.
Key deliverables from this assignment will include: The inception report, Final HSHSP V costed, Operational Plan and consultancy report.
English Language is required
Read: Expert knowledge
Write: Expert knowledge
Speak: Expert knowledge
Desired: The preferred candidate should have at least a Master’s degree in public health or related field with comprehensive knowledge of HIV and AIDS
• Previous experience in leading the development of Health Sector Strategic Plans and/or HIV and AIDS Programming in the Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Must have at least 5 years’ experience in programme analysis including experience in programme evaluation, strategic and/or operational planning, and health & community systems
• Knowledge on comprehensive healthcare delivery in Tanzania is desirable.
• Experience in costing of the public health interventions in diseases programs
• Excellent communication skills with ability to express ideas clearly, logically and effectively
• Excellent writing and analytical skills
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Computer literacy and ability to use Word Processing and office technology equipment
WHO Competencies REQUIRED
• Communicating in a credible and effective way.
• Fostering integration and teamwork
• Producing Results
• Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
• Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
Good command of Computer Application Systems
Initial payment (25%) will be made upon submission and acceptance of the consultancy. Final payment to a consultant is dependent on the completion of all deliverables. WHO will pay the consultant under the package of NOC/ICS-10 Step 4.
The expected duration of the assignment for period of 35 working days 16th August to 30th September 2021. The final reports should be submitted by 31st October 2021.
Outputs delivered under this consultancy contract will remain the property of the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2103467