Hygiene and Sanitation Officer
Jobs at:World Vision Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
27 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Arusha , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This Purpose of Position will be used in the WVI or local Careers site, and if applicable, advertisements. Please describe the role in 2-3 concise sentences. Focus on the core of what this role is supposed to achieve. Describe the purpose of this position and how this position contributes to achieving department objectives and the management and performance of others.
To provide technical support in design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of hygiene and sanitation programs, behavioural change methodologies (eg. Participatory hygiene and Sanitation Transformation (PHAST), Child hygiene and Sanitation Training(CHAST) Community-led Total Sanitation-CLTS), Social Behavioural Change Communication (SBCC). Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) and hygiene promotion campaigns within WVT areas of operation. Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others. .
List statements describing the final results of this position and method of accomplishments, and how results/performance are reviewed and measured. Begin with the most important accountabilities.
• To support WASH projects/programs Team Leader in ensuring compliance of all hygiene and sanitation standards and donor regulations
Development of concept papers, proposal writing, engage in negotiation with potential donors and building capacity to WVT staff on appropriate hygiene and sanitation packages.
• Coordinate TOT on CLTS. MHM and PHAST training in targeted projects
• Coordinate with water supply and sanitation field staff to ensure that the various aspects of the WASH Program are integrated.
Ensure World Vision Tanzania offices met hygiene and sanitation standards. • Develop materials to promote safe WASH practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services.
• Ensure that action is taken to mitigate priority water and sanitation related health risks.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Preferred: Experience implementing CLTS, MHM, PHAST/CHAST behaviour change methodologies
• Technical Skills & Abilities:
• Computer skills.
• Demonstrate ability in supervision
• Experience in working with water projects
• Monitoring and evaluation skills
• Community facilitation skills
• Working knowledge of proposal writing and negotiation skills
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Qualification required
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health, public health, social sciences or related fields
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
• The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
• At least 2 years’ experience and understanding of hygiene promotion and community mobilization in relation to water and sanitation activities.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
click here to apply