Human Resources Officer
Jobs at:Amref Health Africa
Deadline of this Job:
17 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Handeni , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018. From October 2020 this project will extend its operations to Simiyu Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
Human Resources Officer
Location: Country Office in Dar es Salaam or Bariadi-Simiyu Office
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
To provide strategic support to the Human Resources functions, Administration and Management and ensuring that operations of the entire Amref Health Africa in Tanzania country program support services run efficiently and effectively in a cost-effective manner. .
• Provide ongoing coaching, support and advice to the management and employees on people and HR related issues.
• Being available and proactive in addressing people related issues in the Organization by maintaining close relationship with the employees at all levels.
• Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems within Amref Health Africa
• Assist in ensuring of the effective communication and implementation of Performance Management system in accordance with Amref Health Africa human resources manual
• Assist the management with identifying of the non/top performers and implement appropriate action plans to further enhance their performance and career in the organization.
• Provide guidance on compliance and counseling on Amref Health Africa policies, procedures and best practice.
• Manage the development and maintenance of human resources systems, policies and procedures.
• Ensure employees compliance with Amref Global Code of Conduct, Safeguarding policy, HR audits and donor audits recommendations
• Identify the right candidates for the right job through assessments, interviews and employee profiling processes
• Maintain fair and equitable recruitment approach in line with the specific job requirements
• Ensure that contracts of permanent and temporary staff are prepared in collaboration with other departments.
• Ensure that salary packages of Amref Health Africa staff members are prepared as per Organization Human Resources policy.
• Support the Amref Health Africa HR Unit to conduct staff exit interviews to minimize the staff turnover and retain good performers
• Manage employee mobility through transfers, promotions and terminations
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations and Business Administration.
• Certification and professional qualifications in Human Resources Management, Strategic Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Laws and Business Administration
• Should have strong experience and background in managing compliance issues relating to donors’ regulations, statutory regulations and local/international established professional standards
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in similar role, and working at least three years in an NGO/international organization or a donor funded project
• Skilled in Administration, organization development, strategic orientation and team orientation
• Thorough understanding of the local labor laws; confidentiality, analytical with an eye for detail
• Good communication skills; good organization skills; working with people, drive for results, leading and supervising, persuading and influencing, commitment, and integrity.
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili required (excellent written, spoken and comprehension skills).
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Mwanza Office for the shortlisted Lake Zone Applicants and at Dar es Salaam Office for other shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 17, 2020. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: [email protected] .
• Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
• “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
• Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.