Human Resources Assistant
Jobs at:U.S. Embassy Dar es Salaam
Deadline of this Job:
19 April 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Manages the local recruitment and onboarding program. This includes developing strategic recruitment best practices and following polices and guidelines to prepare vacancy announcements, qualifying applicants (forwarding only those qualified to supervisors), facilitating testing and interviewing, consulting with the selecting official on candidates, and managing onboarding processes as appropriate. Uses the Department approved Electronic Recruitment Application as the applicant management tool and ensures compliance with its use. Partners with the selecting official to develop a strategic recruitment plan for the vacancy. Advises selecting official on recruitment standards, hiring preferences and ensures compliance regarding EEO, nepotism, and other prohibitions. Responsible for creating and delivering all communication to applicants.
• Responsible for processing of all types of personnel actions, including employment, within range increases (WRIs), reassignments, extensions, suspensions, leave without pay, grade retentions, resignations, reduction-in-force (RIF), separations, retirements, and correction actions via OPS for all LE Staff.
• Conducts orientation/briefing sessions for new employees and informs them of post’s policies. Explains terms and conditions of employment, benefits and allowances.
• Manages post’s training program for LE Staff as per the allocated budget for each fiscal year on courses administered through Foreign Service Institute (FSI) or other various training institutes. Provides assistance with finding relevant courses, schedules and logistical arrangements for workshop participants.
• Facilitates hiring of ORE staff of Ambassador/Deputy Chief of Mission/Consul General which includes advertising vacant positions, screening of applications, arranging interviews with hiring officials, and coordinating with Regional Security Office (RSO) for security clearances and medical service provider for medical clearances of selected applicants. Prepares contract/conditions of employment. Provides guidance and advice to the Front Office in relation to their staff employment.
• Oversees development and maintenance of all HR information resource files including HR subject matter files and Official Personnel Folders (OPFs). Ensures all OPFs and evaluation folders are properly secured, and that access is limited to authorized personnel. Extracts information from various automated and written files to generate a variety of recurring draft reports and statistical data for the HR section.
• Maintains Mission’s staffing pattern, adding/deleting authorized positions, posting all types of action affecting employees in each position, such as new titles, grades, step increases, and due date of WRIs. Makes recommendations in the event that a major staff restructuring is required for a specific section.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Qualifications and Evaluations
Minimum three years of progressively responsible experience in human resources or administrative field is required.
Completion of two years of general college studies is required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required is available at: