Human Resource Manager
Jobs at:Railway Children Africa
Deadline of this Job:
06 May 2022
Within Tanzania , Mwanza , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), the Human Resource Manager is expected to guide and manage the overall provisions of human resource services, policies, admin and programmes for RCA. The incumbent will design and lead Human Resource practices and objectives, which enables employee oriented and high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and result orientation. She/he will manage the administrative functions in the organization and the legal compliance aspect.
Roles and Duties
• Strategy & Group HR
• Support formulation of HR strategy & budget that supports the attraction, development, good management, and retention of talented staff and drives achievement of the RCA strategy. Along with Executive Director.
• Partner with functional managers on development of key HR policies and interventions, monitoring their implementation to ensure full compliance.
• Work with UK HR Director to implement the Group HR Quality Standards.
• Liaise with the UK HR Director to ensure development and implementation of Group HR policy.
• Preparation of HR quarterly and year end reports for management information and decision. Recruitment, development, retention and people planning
• Ensure local HR policy is developed to attract and retain high calibre staff and in line with organisational needs and local labour law obligations.
• Work with relevant partners in the team on workforce planning budgets, determining departmental structures, and reporting lines. Support managers with designing roles, responsibilities, and appropriate remuneration.
• Oversee the recruitment, onboarding and induction processes ensuring that they are consistently adhered to, including the correct authorization procedure prior to recruitment.
• Continuously review effectiveness of recruitment methods including ensuring that measures to ensure the safeguarding of children are adhered to.
• Work as a business partner in determining selection of candidates, attending interviews, and supporting decision making where appropriate. Provide guidance to managers on candidates to assist in ensuring that RCA has the most suitable employees in place
• Work with senior management team and senior staff on staff retention strategies and initiatives.
• Timely preparation of quality HR correspondences and packages relating to staff recruitment, contract terminations, promotions, transfers, salary adjustments, employee requests, background checks and separations in line with RCA policies and standards and labour law requirements.
• Ensure personnel files are complete and updated while ensuring adherence to highest levels of confidentiality.
• Work with other managers in staff development and identification of training opportunities to ensure all staff have the necessary tools and skills to undertake their role and enhance their performance.
• Support line managers to effectively develop and performancemanage their direct reports, instilling a culture of accountability and providing challenge and support as required.
• Ensure staff handbook is kept up to date with any changes in labour law or internal policy changes and update staff and management on those changes. Performance, well-being, and workplace Relations
• Monitor implementation of the RCA Health and safety policy to ensure that RCA provides a safe working environment.
• Work closely with medical insurance providers and act as a focal point to ensure staffs are getting the required services in line with the RCA Medical policy.
• Identify and develop employee wellness schemes including other staff benefits that improve overall staff functioning, security and well-being Performance, well-being, and workplace Relations (continued) Attend to any formal disciplinary or grievance situations as required, following RCA policy and ensure proper documentation is in place.
• Ensure accurate and timely process in respect of preparation, investigation, attendance at meetings, follow up and ongoing monitoring of grievance issues.
• Keep informed of and interpret employment legislation and ensure all Employees groups are kept up to date with amendments to relevant Employment legislation - minimizing risk to RCA’s work.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and line managers on any complex proposed/requested changes to contracts, terms and conditions, etc. balancing legislation with operational and business needs.
• Design and implement annual employee survey and support the Executive Director in developing an improvement plan based on the output.
• Consult SMT within the organization to formulate, develop and execute the strategy for creating a high-performance culture.
• Influence and educate employees on performance management philosophy, process, tools and drive the performance management initiatives for the organization. Employee Compensation and Benefits
• Working with Compensation and Benefits specialists, provide advice on the management of remuneration for employees, ensuring consistency and transparency, both internally and within the sector and in line with the Remuneration policy.
• Manage the annual salary review process with Employees, ensuring an excellence in advice; and challenging managers on decision making, enabling employees to be recognized and treated fairly. Preparation of Monthly payroll through HRMS.
• Responsible for managing staff data in the RCA HRMS including staff hiring and data updating. Administration and Legal Compliance
• Undertake various employment-related administrative tasks including administering staff leaves and ensure all staff do take leaves as per RCA leave policy and within agreed calendar year; Processing work permits and resident permit for RCA International staff and interns/volunteers; Assist employees’ administrative issues such as facilitation of introductory letters for Bank issues, Immigration issues and Police issues in a timely manner and orient visitors and new recruits on office procedures, arrangements, and office workplaces.
• Ensure compliance with legislative requirements including providing staff with information related to HESLB loans, WCF and NSSF and ensure they are registered to these schemes whenever applicable and timely; Withhold and remit statutory payments timely to relevant authorities; Reconcile and remit all annual returns like WCF, SDL and PAYE to relevant authority and monitor timely submission of NGO returns and fees to NGOs Registrar, Immigration returns, Labour returns and any other returns that government may require. General duties
• Uphold and work within Railway Children’s policies and procedures.
• Actively promote and embody Railway Children’s core values of Integrity, Bravery, Innovation and Effectiveness across the organisation and partners.
• Travel to Railway Children’s field operations as and when required.
• Undertake any other duties, as appropriate to the post, as delegated by the line manager.
• Degree/ HR Management, Business Administration, Industrial relations or Law, Masters is desired.
• 5 years of minimum experience in Human Resources.
• Proven experience in HR Analytics, Employee Relations, HR Partnering, People and culture Management and Business Operations.
• Skilled in encouraging healthy employee - relations in the organization, motivating and promoting employee involvement in various learning & development activities.
• Have good understanding and hands on experience on Key HR Verticals; On-boarding, Separations, Analytics, Performance Management, Career Pathing, Compensation, Employee Engagement, Employee Grievances and Disciplinary.
• Experience managing ARUTI HRMS or any other HR information system.
• Proficient in managing end to end support on various HR Processes and Admin that impacting an employee life cycle. Behavioural competencies/Attitude:
• Alignment with core organisational values
• Conduct yourself in accordance with the rules of ‘Child Safeguarding Policy’ and ‘Code of Conduct Policy’ in your Professional and Personal life-which includes reporting suspicions of child abuse or any breach of these policies
• A keen Planner, Strategist & Implementer with experience in business HR delivering analytical solutions to business processes.
• Strong analytical skills with hands on experience on database management and Presentation application [Microsoft Power point]
• Strategic Partnering - Effective collaboration with Business Leaders to drive and achieve business goals through efficient and effective use of employee skills and abilities, leveraging enterprise HR programs across geographies, Align HR strategies with Business requirement.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this position, please complete the application form at www.railwaychildren.org.uk/jobs And return it to [email protected] Please include job title applied for in email subject. Please note that Railway Children will only accept applications made using this application form and will not accept CVs, academic certificates or covering letters. At Railway Children, we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of all those who come into contact with us in our work. We follow a range of procedures to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children and vulnerable people are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of background and reference checks including criminal records check. Closing date: 06th May 2022 at 5pm East African Time. Due to the number of applications often received, only those to be invited for interview will be informed of the outcome of their application. Applicants who have not heard within two weeks of the closing date should assume they have been unsuccessful.