The role holder will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating human resource programs, policies and activities in the respective country business. This includes recruitment and retention, talent management, performance management, succession planning, learning and development and employee relations.
The role will have a dual reporting line to both the country Chief Executive Officer and Director, Human Resource.
- Strategy definition, development and implementation in line with the overall HR strategy and the Country Business Strategy;
- Enhancing the right culture and creating ownership of the organization’s values, vision and mission and lead the business culture change initiatives in line with business goals and benchmark best practices;
- Design and execution of annual action plans and human resource related budgets in line with company human resource strategy and direction;
- Plans, directs, supervises, and interprets human resources policies and procedures including managing employee welfare issues for the respective country business;
- People champion by monitoring the achievement of the business action plans against human resource milestones and key performance indicators such as employee engagement, productivity and quality of workplace;
- Alignment of work structures within the business, for example, job descriptions, organisation structures, processes and operating systems;
- Alignment of training and development needs across the country as well as develop, train, coach, motivate and evaluate for both management and functional staff to achieve highest levels of performance;
- Influence country management on people issues by implementing employee development initiatives and career development activities;
- Administers staff benefit schemes including Group Medical, Group Pension and Group Life Insurance;
- Ingrain the performance management culture and administering the performance aide through using the balanced scorecard methodology;
- Execute the entire recruitment and on boarding process and activities, e.g. approvals, advertisement, shortlisting, interviewing, negotiation, contract management and induction;
- Conducts exit interviews to identify reasons for employee separation from the company;
- Ensures the maintenance of up-to-date personnel records and statistics, both physically and online;
- Prepares monthly reports to the CEO and Group office; and
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
Key Performance Measures
- Employee Engagement index;
- Cost to Income ration;
- Productivity of Staff;
- Quality of workplace; and
- Manager Promoter Score.
- Accountable to the Country Chief Executive Officer and Director, Human Resources; and
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other business heads as may be necessary
- Labor Law organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources or related field. Masters is an added advantage;
- Post graduate diploma in Human Resources Management;
- 6 – 8 years’ experience in Human Resources; 2-3 years should be in a managerial position
- Experience within financial services industry or a service industry;
- Proficient in HR management systems; and
- A Tanzanian national is preferred.
- Deciding and Initiating Action : Ensures, key organisational objectives are met, takes responsibility for decisions, actions, projects and people while focusing on achievement of strategic results; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; makes quick, clear decisions with limited information available which may include tough choices or considered risks; decisions and actions takes into account possible impact on all parts of the business.
- Leading and Supervising : Provides the business with a clear direction based on the overall strategic intent of the organisation; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive organisational climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behavior.
- Relating and Networking : Easily establishes, as well as assists others in building good relationships with customers and staff across all departments, inside and outside of the organisation; relates well to people at all levels; facilitates the resolutions of conflict and manages disagreements with tact and diplomacy.
- Persuading and Influencing : Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating to the benefit of the organisation, promote the organisational strategy during conversations; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others; promotes ideas on behalf of oneself, the department or the organisation; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the organisation’s impression and brand on others.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts : Works strategically to realize organisational goals; sets and develops organisational strategies; identifies, develops positive and compelling visions of the organisation’s future potential; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation; encourage others to take a strategic and long term view in terms of the organisation’s future; communicates the organisational strategy, vision and objectives effectively across all levels of the organisation.
Primary Location : Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar es Salaam-Dar es Salaam
The deadline for submitting the application is 01 April 2021