Human Relations Manager
Jobs at:Shree Hindu Mandal
Deadline of this Job:
15 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Human Relations Manager
Reports to: CEO
Responsible for: Staff employed at the SHM Hospitals
Work station: Dar es Salaam
Shree Hindu Mandal DSM [SHM] is a charitable organization formed in 1919 by the Hindu community in Dar es Salaam with the objective of welfare of her members. It grew and extended its services to include providing quality healthcare and education services to the public. Today SHM owns nursery, primary and secondary schools and the famous Shree Hindu Mandal Hospital located in the CBD with a branch in Mwanza and a polyclinic in Kunduchi. SHM also serves the Hindu community through its welfare programs including the Hindu crematorium.
SHM is looking for an experienced Human Relations Manager who shall be reporting to the CEO and HR Group Manager and will work in close collaboration with the Human Resources Group Manager of SHM to support the Hospitals HR Section.
The Human Relations Manager is a self-motivated individual who will provide oversight to HR personnel and related matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure compliance with SHM Human Resources policies and procedures and with the Employment and Labour Relations legislations of Tanzania and related tax laws;
• Oversee and ensure thorough and accurate Records-keeping of all recruitment data and personnel files;
• Handle Performance Appraisals and Reviews;
• Clarification of Roles and Responsibilities;
• Be fully engaged in employee management issues including performance management, conduct issues, resignations and terminations;
• To maintain an efficient administration system for Human resources information for the office
• To provide support to the Director of Administrative Services to ensure adequate staffing and development of staff at the office.
• To make sure HR policies and procedures, Tanzania Labor Laws and practices are well understood and adhered
• Advice the Office on any HR policies and procedures issues.
• Educate staff on performance management process and supervisors to have a Performance management in the Office.
• Conduct a staff training needs assessment and design staff development
• Oversee the general administration and management of staff leave database in the Office.
• Contract Management – Oversee the management of the Employees contract renewal, evaluation and probation;
Qualification and Experience
• Must be a Tanzanian citizen.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource/Relations Management.
• Second Degree or Master’s in Business Administration will be an added advantage;
• 10 years’ experience in leading a medium to large sized organization; experience in the Health Sector is preferred.
Skills and Competencies
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and spoken) Fluent in Kiswahili and English skills; and
• Analytical, organized, and capable of making decisions.
• Human capital development skills.
• Workplace culture development skills.
• Computer skills and ready to learn new systems.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to a successful candidate.
SHM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and the labour laws of Tanzania govern our recruitment process.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applicant who meet the above job requirements should send their application letter together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone / cellphone number and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below.
All e-mail subject lines should read: VACANCY – Human Relations Manager, Shree Hindu Mandal hospital DSM-Emall: [email protected]