Deadline of this Job:
01 April 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, March 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Dangote Cement is a subsidiary of Dangote Industries, which was founded by Aliko Dangote in 1981 as a trading business with an initial focus on importation of bagged cement and other commodities such as rice, sugar, flour, salt and fish.
To provide efficient and effective assistance in the management of DCL Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) initiatives, programs, procedures, trainings, work practices and controls to be implemented and monitored for effectiveness and continual improvement for regulatory compliance & DCL HSE standards. .
Job Roles (Duties & Responsibilities):
• To assist the Head HSE in identifying and assessing risks and possible HSE hazards of all aspects of plant operations and provide input into identification and mitigation of risks.
• Daily presence within the plant, ensure proper housekeeping standards are kept within the area of responsibility.
• To conduct daily plant inspections for HSE Compliance.
• Participate in incident investigation and preparation of formal reports on findings including recommendations to Head HSE.
• To execute and follow up HSE corrective action plans.
• To participate in HSE meetings and deliver trainings as required.
• Provide safety awareness through leading by example.
• Develop daily reports on inspections.
• Report any unsafe acts, conditions or near miss.
• Carry out daily topics within your area of responsibilities.
• To inspect daily work permits and ensure proper adherence to procedure.
• Assist with regulatory compliance and to follow up any updates.
• To track and ensure reporting of HSE non-conformances and follow up for correction.
• To actively participate in the planning and execution of emergency evacuation drills.
• To Identify and manage the environmental aspects and impacts.
• To provide environmental awareness culture within the area of responsibility.
• To perform any other HSE related duty as assigned by Head HSE.
Job Skills : Not Specified
• Degree in environmental science /Engineering or related studies.
• Certification on NOSHIC I and/or NOSHIC II.
• Experience of at least 2 years in HSE.
• Experience in cement Industry will be added advantage.
• Strong technical skills & Proactive attitude.
• Able to respond to heavy demands and high work pressure.
• Good knowledge/skills on basic computer software.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants please follow this link: https://apply.workable.com/dangote/j/04F64C5496/