HIV Testing Services (HTS) and Prevention Officers
Jobs at:Amref Health Africa
Deadline of this Job:
17 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Handeni , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018. From October 2020 this project will extend its operations to Simiyu Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
HIV Testing Services (HTS) and Prevention Officers
Location: Maswa Office (1),
Reports to: Regional Project Manager Simiyu.
This position will focus to strengthen the strategic identification of PLHIV, increase positivity and coverage to attain the first 95 of the HIV clinical cascade at the project supported facilities in the respective region and district with frequent technical advice and guidance from the HIV testing Advisor .
• Ensure implementation of effective differentiated identification of PLHIV that aligns with the national standard for HIV testing.
• Ensure the Provider-initiated HIV Testing and Counselling is offered at all service points (inpatient, outpatient, MNCH and TB clinics, STI clinics,) at project supported health facilities
• Support implementation of high yielding HTS strategies including index testing and PITC services to all supported sites
• Support project supported sites in implementation of strategies to identify unreached HIV positive clients from KVPs including children, male adolescent girls and young women at the facility level
• To strengthen sites capacity in implementing linkage case management activities for newly diagnosed HIV positive
• Advise CHMTs on the agreed effective evidence-based differentiated testing models for identification of PLHIV targeting high risk sub-groups at facility level including older men, young adults, adolescent girls and young women, and Key and vulnerable population
• Participate in training, mentorship, supportive supervision and clinical guidance to health care providers as needed
• Make use of training materials/curriculum, SOPs and Job Aids useful to the providers according to the National guidelines and policies
• Participate in meetings/events relevant to the project and provide relevant technical contributions according to the Ministry of Health guidelines and PEPFAR policies
• Collaborate with all other project staff in the related program areas as would be needed
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A degree in medicine or nursing. A Master degree in public health or any health related field is an added advantage
• Proven experience and competence in supporting the HIV Testing programs • Proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills.
• At least 3 years of “hands on experience” in HIV prevention, care and treatment program in resource limited country
• Experience working with Local Government Authorities and PEPFAR funded project
• Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.
• Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Mwanza Office for the shortlisted Lake Zone Applicants and at Dar es Salaam Office for other shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 17, 2020. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: [email protected] .
• Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
• “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
• Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.