Health Informatics Advisor
Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
13 December 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology, creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to apply in various mentioned below positions for an anticipated USAID project in Tanzania focused on improving reproductive, maternal, new-born, and child health outcomes by increasing use and access to high quality services (C3HP RMNCAH project).
All Positions and Recruitment will be subject to project award and funding .
Health Informatics Advisor to be based in Dar es Salaam
The position will be a key MEL team member, build the program data management systems for results and reporting, as well as being an active participant in national and subnational efforts to improve health information systems and interoperability in Tanzania in collaboration with government agencies.
Creation and smooth operation of internal systems to monitor and report on program results, ensuring project data are entered, cleaned and available in the necessary specifications, working with national and sub-national government agencies to build and strengthen systems for improved maternal, newborn and child health and nutrition regularly cross-checking program results with data from national systems, participating in national discussions on Indicator selection: and providing technical assistance to enhance interoperability and integration between health information systems related to maternal, newborn and child health to optimize data access and use for decision-making.
Also must understand the complex environment of health information systems in Tanzania and work with technical staff from program, government and health services to propose workable solutions which will result in meaningful improvements to maternal, newborn and child health.
• Will be responsible for Building the program's data management and reporting systems, using existing platforms for sustainability,
• Ensuring functional systems leading to timely and accurate reporting of program results:
• Directly or indirectly supervise team associated with data entry, cleaning. management and reporting:
• At regional/district level, providing support to roll out of health information systems to improve quality of health care & data use;
• Working jointly with technical, government and health services staff to identify best practices for informatics to improve maternal, newborn and child health
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Master's Degree in computer science, monitoring and evaluation, public health, demography, health management, social science, biostatistics, statistics, or a related field with 7-9 yrs of relevant experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in similar filed with 9-11 yrs of relevant experience: +5+ years' experience managing reporting systems and working with health information systems.
• Certification and demonstrated skills in programming (C++, Java, Python, SQL) and GIS mapping (ArcView GIS. Extensive experience with DHIS2 and EMR systems.
• Experience with data visualization software (PowerBI, Tableau, Domo).
• Ability to translate data from routine data systems into understandable lessons learned and action priorities for programmatic and other technical staff.
• Experience developing and field-testing data collection instruments for monitoring, evaluation and research; data collection planning and implementation froutine or survey).
• Experience working with MEL and technical teams within USG-funded projects, particularly maternal, newborn child health program.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel and stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English and Swahili. • Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow.
• Strong skills using MS Excel Word, PowerPoint, and at least one data management software program (SAS, SPSS, Epi Info, Atlas).
Job Experience Requirements: Masters
Job Experience Requirements: 5-11 years
Job application procedure
FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online through www. fhi360.org/careers ( https://jobs-fhi360.icims.com by uploading an Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV)Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Closing Date: December 13, 2020.