Health and Nutrition Program Manager
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
26 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Greater Kordofan , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Health and Nutrition Program Manager
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Role Purpose: Under the direct supervision of the Area Manager and technical guidance from health and nutrition adviser of country office, The Health & Nutrition Manager will carry over, implementation, monitoring and progress reporting of health projects.
Contract Duration: 12 months with possibility for extension
Location: Greater Kordofan, Sudan .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Minimum BSC in Public Health or Medicine.
• Minimum 7 years working experience in health and nutrition sector with good command in and ability to understand Health and nutrition issue Qualifications s.
• Substantial experience at international level in technical support and/or programme management
• Direct experience of planning, implementing and measuring the impact of health, hunger reduction or other related programmes
• Successful track record of developing large-scale proposals and securing funding from donors
• Clear commitment to, and experience of, developing and coaching professional and national staff, combined with the ability to give direct actionable feedback.
• Successfully working with minimal administrative support.
• Capacity to writing good quality reports for donors and/or other stakeholders
• Inter-personal skills to influence and guide Field and other managers in identifying programming opportunities and resolving programme and campaign challenges
• Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
• Credibility to represent the organization to provincial bodies and donors and actively participate in the Health and Nutrition Cluster.
• High communication skills, with the ability to provide clear advice from a distance.
• Commitment to the values and mission of Save the Children.
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international and matrix management environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
• Skills confirmed in project management and in strengthening health system
• Proven organizational skills with an ability to deliver consistently to deadlines on operational and project responsibilities.
• Computer skills
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are encouraged to apply