Head of Housekeeping
Jobs at:Rivertrees Country Inn
Deadline of this Job:
09 November 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rivertrees Country Inn is looking for an experienced person to take the role of Head of Housekeeping based in Arusha Tanzania. The Head of Housekeeping will be responsible for the cleanliness, maintenance and aesthetic upkeep of the hotel. You are also responsible to supervise all housekeeping staff, plan and assign all housekeeping tasks and duties, give training to newly recruited housekeeping employees. You will oversee all the aspects of the housekeeping department and maintain the hotel’s high standards of excellence. .
• Overseeing all aspects of the housekeeping department
• Responsible for the cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the entire hotel
• Ensure that rooms are made as per company standards
• Plan the work for the housekeeping department
• Distribute assignments to housekeeping staff accordingly
• Schedule employees according to occupancy forecast
• Assign new employees to work with experienced staff
• Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniforms
• Develop and implement Housekeeping Standard Operating Procedures
• Prepare reports for Management Information
• Attending and resolving guest complaintsReporting and coordinating maintenance schedules for rooms and public areas with the maintenance department
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate that they are:
• Tanzanian National
• A team motivator
• A problem solverHighly adaptable
• Customer centric
• Able to stay calm under pressure
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Satisfactory levels of spoken English and Kiswahili
• Diploma in a subject related to housekeeping and accommodation management
• Minimum of three (3) years working in a similar role especially in the hospitality industry
• Excellent customer skills and service
• Time management skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Knowledge of health and hazards relevant to Housekeeping
• Excellent decision making abilities
• This role can be very challenging and demanding and as such, we kindly ask that only serious candidates apply.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are interested in the position, please submit your CV, by formal email to [email protected] . In your email please answer the following questions: As head of Housekeeping, what is your style of Supervision?
Provide an effective method you have used to ensure that work meets specifications and standards.
Share an experience in which coordinating activities with other departments helped you to ensure that services were provided in a timely manner.
The subject line for your email should be: “Title of job you are applying for i.e Head of Housekeeping”
Do NOT include other attachments. Rivertrees Country Inn will treat all information with the utmost confidentiality and we will only contact you if your application is to be taken to the next stage of the recruitment process.
The closing date for this application is 09th November 2020.