Jobs at:Kibo Palace Hotel-Moshi
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2021
Within Tanzania , Moshi , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Head Chef.
Job location: Moshi Municipal
Company name: Kibo Palace Hotel-Moshi
Closing date: December 25, 2021
• Overall in charge of the Kitchens in the hotel.
• Supervises discipline, hygiene and safety requirements in the kitchen.
• Ensure staff training in matters related to company policies, food production, hygiene & health, safety and security, sales, costing & cost reduction, team work and time management.
• Appraise, interchange and train them to establish systematic means of motivating them.
• Ensure good atmosphere in the Kitchen and effective co-ordination with other outlets.
• Makes inspection of store rooms and refrigerators.
• To apply modern management techniques, in running kitchen operations.
• Responsible for the formulation of kitchen policies and procedures.
• In conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager, determine a la carte and fixed menus, banquet menus and supervise the quality and portions of the dishes prepared.
• Establish official recipe for all dishes in the Kitchen.
• Responsible for the quality of staff meals.
• Record certain statistics daily, such as food cost, restaurant covers, average price per dish, average expenditure per cover, etc.
• Check daily the cleanliness, hygiene and maintenance of the kitchen equipment.
• Plan vacation schedules, working schedules (duty rosters) and ensure that vacations and or off days do not hinder smooth operations.
• Control and stock first aid supplies for the kitchen.
• Convene meetings at regular intervals with kitchen personnel.
• Chief advisor to the management on food production matters.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by Superiors.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
• Certificate/ Diploma in Hotel management.
• Working experience not less than 4 years in hotel industry as Head Chef /Head cook.
• Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Positive, engaging personality, and professional appearance.
• Basic math and computer skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong task and time management abilities.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8