- Job Category : Management
- Job Code : 2021
- Job Name : Head – Bancassurance
Head of Retail
Bancassurance Business Growth
REGION: Dar es Salaam
- Overall Job Purpose
- Responsible for creating the overall business strategy and driving execution to achieve Targets, maximize revenue and profitability (both corporate and retail) from both internal and external customers
- Also, build a successful relationship with the partners (insurance companies), characterized by a high level of strategic alignment & tactical engagement in the General, Health and Life insurance business.
- Maintain all Compliance issues and Regulators expectations
- Key Accountabilities/ Accountability: Business Direction
- Strategy -Develop the Business Plan, specifically contributing to the strategic outlook for the bank.
- Relationship management
- Driving robust execution
- Insurance Sales and Operations training
- Product & related
- Management of budgets
- Human capital management
- Audit & compliance (internal and external, with regulator)
- Budget accountability:
- Accountable for achieving annual income targets as cascaded from Head of Retail
- Monitoring of progress towards achieving targets is done on a monthly basis.
- Active involvement and accountability for making purchase/refund business decisions within set limits
- Establish relationships with key clients or business influencers in the local areas.
- Accountability: People Management
- Working with Head of Retail to agree business direction and ways of conducting insurance business across the branch network.
- Dealing with outlets, operations center to ensure full understanding of the insurance process & procedures.
- Assist Head of Retail in being main point of contact with all matters relating to insurance business in the branches
- Providing support and training on insurance matters
- Ensure that branch staff own and manage customer queries and complaint by taking ownership and resolving in a timely manner. Act as the escalation point for their unresolved queries and complaints.
- Assist the Head of Retail in creating an empowering environment for branch managers & staff encouraging individual ownership and initiative to drive insurance.
- Accountability: Risk Management
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, renewals, informing and ensuring compliance to the insurance act, internal Exim policies abd policy standards.
- Ensuring staff dealing with insurance adequately trained
- Ensuring claims process is followed and adhered to by both staff and branches.
- Visits to outlets to ensure correct adherence to processes and procedures.
- Timely communication of all changes relating to insurance activities or requirements
- Responsible for all audit matters on insurance in the branches.
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
- Accountability: Customer Service
- Provides support to outlets and other functions on insurance issues
- Interact regularly with internal service providers (e.g. Operations, credit, KYC Helpdesk, risk) to ensure fast and efficient service to customers (both internal and external customers)
Education & Experience Required:
- Degree or postgraduate in insurance studies
- At least 5 years of experience in insurance industry or related industry supported by Banking experience
- Should have demonstrated experience of relationship management and account management
- In depth knowledge of insurance business management relating to non-medical, medical, life and other ancillary policies or offerings
- Managing intersections and multiple stakeholders
- Ability to influence
- Execution rigor
- Leadership presence
- Working with cross functional teams
- Managing a high performing team
- Analytical ability specially domain related
HOW TO APPLY
Call 0800 780 111 or visit www.eximbank.co.tz